Any landlords here - rental questions (1 Viewer)

Forest

Banned
Reaction score
I have a three bedroom house I am going to rent in Slidell, LA. Does anyone know any Web Site or have any templates of a contract I can use and anything else I should know about joining the landlord game?

Thanks in advance.

I went to a local Real Estate place and asked for one. They were very kind and gave me a "Soft Copy" so that I could alter it to my liking. They were renting apartments and I was renting a house. Needless to say that I forgot to change who was responsible for mowing the yard. I got stuck for a year mowing that yard until the lease was up.

staples has a generic one, many places on the net to find one..
personally, i pull one based by the state from one of the sites, and then modify to my needs.. as I'm still residing there, and only having them as tennant/roomates.
mostly are for renting out altogether if that's what you're doing so that wouldnt' be necessary, just keep mostly as is.. but you will want to read it over.
Rental laws can vary from state to state,, like length they can go without paying for instance, what rights you have vs renters rights.
Make sure you can trust the potential renters.... sometimes they can do devastating things without any recourse.. and that house is a major investment for you, i'm sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom