Anyone else feel the same ??? (1 Viewer)

saintlad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
For the record, I have always wanted the Saints to win. I've been a fan since the early '80s.

However, after having the coach and QB just suck the pure joy of watching the Saints out of me, I just don't have the patience for it anymore.

I never thought a part of me would want the Saints to lose out, just so we can get rid of these coaches and get a nice draft pick.

Now I'm worried, that Dennis Allen will win just enough, to give us hope for the playoffs only to drop it against Atlanta or in the wild card, virtually guaranteeing him sticking around one more year.
Not to mention, picking a mid-late first rounder (no chance at top QB)

Anyone else conflicted by this?

Ive never believed in tanking, simply b/c if a team is bad (like this one is) you are naturally gonna lose games you would legitimately think they should win. If you look at the remaining schedule, outside of the Carolina game, can you truly say with a straight face that the prospect of this team finishing 7-10 or worse isnt a probable scenario? That doesnt mean you want it to happen, you are just calling a spade a spade. Ive been a Saints fan since the mid 90s and i can honestly say ive never wanted my team to purposely lose, but sometimes bad things have to happen in order for good things to manifest themselves in the future. With this coaching staff and this overpaid starting QB, our future is bleak, finishing the season with as many loses as possible, while a tough pill to swallow, will eventually allow this franchise to become a contender down the line by not only riding themselves of a HC & OC that are both clearly not good enough to do their jobs, but also by (hopefully) drafting the QB of the future that can be the face of the team for the next 10+ years.

The season isnt over per say, and i would love if a miracle happened and we somehow upset Detroit, but lets face it...if we lose tomorrow (which unfortunately i see happeneing), and Atlanta beats the Jets, the Saints are going to be so far behind the 8 ball the rest of the season that hoping the lightbulb above this team will magically turn on somehow and this team will become what we all had hoped they could be is a pipe dream at best.

TL;DR I dont want this team to "tank", however, since right now they are playing like a bottom 10 team, the are gonna lose so many more games that you might as well think they are doing just that, and hopefully we can rebuild the team with the coaching staff/GM/QB as soon as next year b/c of it.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom