Assange defended by Glenn Beck. Wait, what?

Banned #1

Sarcastic

Very Banned
Ratings
The guy isn't defending WikiLeaks or anything, only saying that the trumped-up charges are, umm, trumped up.
http://www.theatlantic.com/internat...lian-assanges-unlikely-ally-glenn-beck/67748/

Here's the whole transcript...http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,602442,00.html

I want you to understand, I don't support this guy. I don't support what he's doing, but I'm really torn on this story. He is exposing the fact that our governments all around the world have been lying to us. It's been a job we've been trying to do but been pilloried over and over for doing it.

But I don't want a guy to go to jail or to be silenced for something he didn't do. Again, I don't support him. But I want you to the look into the crime that he committed to warrant an international manhunt.

This whole thing is not sitting right.
Interesting.

BIG E

SR is my life!
Ratings
He said I don't support the guy 3 times.

I don't support Obama, but I don't want someone to falsely accuse him of rape.

Banned #5
OP
OP
Sarcastic

Sarcastic

Very Banned
Ratings
Don't get me wrong folks, wasn't trying to make it something it's not.

I mainly found it interesting that he even spoke out on the situation.

I never expected Beck to say "I'm glad that traitor is being framed" or anything silly like that.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Ratings
He said I don't support the guy 3 times.

I don't support Obama, but I don't want someone to falsely accuse him of rape.
The irony in this statement is quite warming given that the subject is Glenn Beck who would think nothing of accusing Obama of rape or being a space alien if it sold more soap.

Perkman

Tulane Stadium Vet
Ratings
I don't think it's a frame-up. Sweden is well known for its very liberal treatment of sex and personal privacy -- very much a live and let live attitude.

But having lived in Scandinavia for a couple years, I can tell you those folks take law enforcement and following the rules pretty seriously. I suspect Assange got out of hand with these women and bolted the country. Is the U.S. putting pressure on Sweden to prosecute? Probably. But does that make it a frame job? Most likely not.

Just a case of getting a wrongdoer any way you can. We never were able to prosecute Al Capone for murder, etc., so we got him for tax evasion. We didn't have racketeering laws on the books at the time. Effective way of getting a criminal when you don't have the evidence or laws for the crime you would like to prosecute him for.

The dude's a scumbag. We see the disregard he has for others in his public dealings and it wouldn't surprise me to discover his private interactions have a similar tinge.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Ratings
The guy isn't defending WikiLeaks or anything, only saying that the trumped-up charges are, umm, trumped up.
http://www.theatlantic.com/internat...lian-assanges-unlikely-ally-glenn-beck/67748/

Here's the whole transcript...http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,602442,00.html

Interesting.
The charges in Sweden wouldn't stand up a minute in court in the US.

They were dismissed by the prosecutor initially until a senior poltician intervened in Sweden and mandated that the case go forward.

Likely, someone has dirt or leverage on this senior politician.

Nothing but yer regular.

But, this was stupid of Assange. Don't sleep with a militant feminist and then let her figure out you're getting some on the side at the same time.

Hell hath no fury...

But as far as rape, the case is a joke.

crosswatt

Bulldawg was my friend
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Ratings
I've had a lot of sex in Sweden.

Very worthwhile.

But I stayed far away from the militant feminists and disturbed intellectuals.

Giggly, fun, bubbly blondes. No issues.
I probably would only garner the interest of the extremely disturbed militant feminists, and the disappointment they would feel shortly afterward would only serve to make me public enemy number one...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom