BI Likely to be Traded (1 Viewer)

It gets even worse ..

like we can't look up and see Murray has nearly 2X 3PA at 7.1 per game versus Ingram 3.8 3pA. Ingram shot profile from middy at 80% and 76% of all his shots the last two seasons. Murray is 70% and 62% from 2. You can't pay for Ingram's shot profile. It simply doesn't fit.

And also that DJ played 14 more games than BI this year, and still took 46 fewer midrangers. Works out at 5.2 per game for DJ and 7.1 per game for BI. It's almost 1.4x as many attempts per game.

Murray: 7.1 3s, 5.2 Middies
BI: 3.8 3s, 7.1 middies

The ratio is almost inverted.

Murray is a flat out better player than Ingram. The gap might not be wide, but it's evident.Tired of being nice with Ingram fans.
Here's my beef. Where was all this the last 2 years? Yall wait until now to claim all this when it's convenient. If shot profile determines who's the better player, then you could have made this same argument the last 2 years., but didn't. Also, since when does a player shooting more 3s and fewer middies means they are the better player? Murray shot more 3s and fewer middy than Kevin Durant. He better than him too?

If you're really going to seriously debate which player is "flat out" better, then with which one of them drew more double teams and bracket coverage? We can start there.

There are players I would trade BI for, but neither Dejounte Murray nor Trae Young are in that mix.

Last edited:
If you traded for Trae, what would that look like? Here's one that sort of makes sense for both teams, though I guess all trades like this sort of feel unrealistic until they actually happen.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_5-24-2024_12-16-41PM.png

In the case of bringing in Trae, you absolutely HAVE to move CJ. You can't have CJ and Trae on the same team as they're both horrific on defense. Pels get their distributor/scorer in Trae and they also upgrade their bigs. I can see how BI and CJ could work better with ATL as well. I don't know what ATL does for bigs after losing Cappella and Okongwu, but it's just a random idea anyway...

Here's my beef. Where was all this the last 2 years? Yall wait until now to claim all this when it's convenient.

BI is eligible for a contract extension this year so naturally his value to the organization will be a topic of discussion. He will want the max. Does he deserve it? Personally, I don't think so.

BI is eligible for a contract extension this year so naturally his value to the organization will be a topic of discussion. He will want the max. Does he deserve it? Personally, I don't think so.

None of that prevents people from proclaiming things like Dejounte Murray is the better player the last 2 years. Which hardly no one would have said before or when he got traded to Atlanta.

Otoh, I would think at this point, most people would know the BI max talk has no grounds whatsoever. He didn't play at that level this year, failed to make an all star or all-NBA team, and failed to play 65+ games again this year. He, nor has any "leaked rumor", ever indicated he expects a max contract. So that's a very obvious non-issue.

Last edited:
If you traded for Trae, what would that look like? Here's one that sort of makes sense for both teams, though I guess all trades like this sort of feel unrealistic until they actually happen.

In the case of bringing in Trae, you absolutely HAVE to move CJ. You can't have CJ and Trae on the same team as they're both horrific on defense. Pels get their distributor/scorer in Trae and they also upgrade their bigs. I can see how BI and CJ could work better with ATL as well. I don't know what ATL does for bigs after losing Cappella and Okongwu, but it's just a random idea anyway...

If you're going to trade Brandon Ingram, I am taking a bigger swing at some BI package that can bring back Dearron Fox, Donovan Mitchell, or a smaller swing for Darius Garland plus other players if they can also move CJ. I'd love to add Tyrese Maxey to that list but he's probably untouchable in Philly.

Otherwise I sign BI to a team friendly extension and concentrate on upgrading the bigs some other way. Also make sure Zion improves away from the rim this offseason.

If you're going to trade Brandon Ingram, I am taking a bigger swing at some BI package that can bring back Dearron Fox, Donovan Mitchell, or a smaller swing for Darius Garland plus other players if they can also move CJ. I'd love to add Tyrese Maxey to that list but he's probably untouchable in Philly.

Otherwise I sign BI to a team friendly extension and concentrate on upgrading the bigs some other way. Also make sure Zion improves away from the rim this offseason.
That's nice and all. However, would BI accept a team friendly extension? If so, we are probably not having these discussions. Does BI and Zion work?

That's nice and all. However, would BI accept a team friendly extension? If so, we are probably not having these discussions. Does BI and Zion work?
What leverage does he have not to? I mean he will certainly be valued higher around the league than many on in the local twitterverse thinks. But he simply didn't play well enough to make such demands.

Yes they work. It requires Zion making a leap in his skill level like BI did over the last 3 years. Zion has been mostly stagnant.

What leverage does he have not to? I mean he will certainly be valued higher around the league than many on in the local twitterverse thinks. But he simply didn't play well enough to make such demands.

Yes they work. It requires Zion making a leap in his skill level like BI did over the last 3 years. Zion has been mostly stagnant.
He could just say, "no" and walk in free agency. I think that would be considered leverage.

The complaint has been that BI has stagnated. I would love him back on a team friendly deal, but not sure that is realistic. As stated above, he has all the leverage by walking into free agency and Pels get nothing.

He is not a FA. He has 1 year left on his contract. He is eligible for a 'max' contract extension which reportedly the Pels won't do. So that is the rub. Is he a disgruntled player on the last year of his contract that will get the Pels nothing or trade him now for some capitol? Actually his 'low' salary is a trade enticement.

He is not a FA. He has 1 year left on his contract. He is eligible for a 'max' contract extension which reportedly the Pels won't do. So that is the rub. Is he a disgruntled player on the last year of his contract that will get the Pels nothing or trade him now for some capitol? Actually his 'low' salary is a trade enticement.
Expiring are problematic, because Ingram can refuse an extension and that kills all trade talk.

I don't think anyone said he was a free agent this year, but yeah decisions need to be made soon. You shouldn't just let him expire and see if he'd resign. You either extend him now or trade him now.

The complaint has been that BI has stagnated. I would love him back on a team friendly deal, but not sure that is realistic. As stated above, he has all the leverage by walking into free agency and Pels get nothing.
There's lots of erroneous complaints about BI. Like he holds the ball forever dribbling in iso. Which is not even 10% true. Over the past 3 years combined he has not stagnated. He was just very inconsistent this year compared to past ones.

That said, he just doesn't have any leverage at this moment. He can walk into free agency AFTER next season. His leverage then is still not yet determined. But as for now, he has no leverage for a max contract.

There's lots of erroneous complaints about BI. Like he holds the ball forever dribbling in iso. Which is not even 10% true.

I honestly never heard this complaint. The thing I see is inability to penetrate on a dribble, his handles aren't really good with his ISO TOs, and he just look so slow and timid. He hasn't looked right since that toe injury.

I don't understand... He was able to beat dudes on the dribble drives. This was glaring in his Team USA disaster. Which has come out of nowhere. I'm serious baffled, because I was never on the trade Ingram till this season after he turned down an extension.

I don't know what Ingram did in the off-season, but it wasn't a positive direction. He was nowhere this inconsistent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom