Brian Burns (1 Viewer)

Nonreg

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I searched and did not see this posted - I apologize if it is, I will remove

Just got a notification on FB that contract extensions with Brian Burns are off -- this guy was always a monster vs us -- should we have any interest?

That would be awesome.

Would rather have D. Hunter, but I'll take anyone that can get pressure on the QB. Last year, we could not sack a QB at all. Need DE help in the worst way. I suggest that we draft 2 or 3 with our draft picks just to find one that can help. Throw the kitchen sink at it. With our DBs, we can absolutely dominate if we get a rush.

Yup, all reports I have read suggest that they will tag him.
I sometimes wonder if the franchise tag would be more attractive to players if it worked like the fifth year option. You can’t tag a guy on a one year deal, and if you do want to tag a guy finishing a multi-year deal you need to do it a year in advance (by May or so).

Players would get the added layer of financial security from an additional guaranteed year on their contract, and they would have every incentive to sign it since they would be taking a big risk playing a full year of football without picking up that additional year at top five pay. Teams lock up their best players for another year without the inevitable holdouts that come from players not wanting to sign up for a one year deal.

He's a really great player, no doubt.
But it's almost insane to see how pitifully terrible the 'old' Panthers' FO handled this situation and really just operated so poorly in general:
It was confirmed that the Rams had offered their 2023 RD2, 2024 RD1 and 2025 RD1 for what amounts to half a season of Burns (at the time)...
Then couple that with the Bryce Young deal and Tepper essentially gave up:
- Caleb Williams
- D.J. Moore
- 2023 top 10 (RD 1 pick)
- TWO high value RD2 picks in 2023
- 2024 RD1
- 2025 RD1
- 2025 RD2

FOR: 1+ yr rental of Brian Burns (and now a massive headache w/ him and/or a huge contract) in a 2 win season and Bryce Young who just had one of the worst rookie seasons by any modern QB (whether it's his fault or not)...WOW!

He's a really great player, no doubt.
But it's almost insane to see how pitifully terrible the 'old' Panthers' FO handled this situation and really just operated so poorly in general:
It was confirmed that the Rams had offered their 2023 RD2, 2024 RD1 and 2025 RD1 for what amounts to half a season of Burns (at the time)...
Then couple that with the Bryce Young deal and Tepper essentially gave up:
- Caleb Williams
- D.J. Moore
- 2023 top 10 (RD 1 pick)
- TWO high value RD2 picks in 2023
- 2024 RD1
- 2025 RD1
- 2025 RD2

FOR: 1+ yr rental of Brian Burns (and now a massive headache w/ him and/or a huge contract) in a 2 win season and Bryce Young who just had one of the worst rookie seasons by any modern QB (whether it's his fault or not)...WOW!
You love to see it.

Any news of the Jets and Bryce Huff? Dude is probably the most under rated pass rusher in the league.

Any news of the Jets and Bryce Huff? Dude is probably the most under rated pass rusher in the league.
13-18M range may also be too high for us while we already have big DE contracts. AJ Epenesa, Bud Dupree, Denico Autry, and Za’Darius Smith would be more realistic salary ranges at half-a third of Huff’s, especially Epenesa and Dupree.

IMG_4475.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom