Cam on X/Twitter (1 Viewer)

Maybe another batch of stolen cars and broken windows?

I may be just getting old but I blame rap music. I mean there was gangsta rap back when I was a teen, but it was hard to get your hands on cassettes, someone 18 had to buy them and pretty much only people 15 or 16 or older could get their hands on it, nowadays with the internet, elementary aged kids know all the lyrics to every youngboy songs, they watch youtube videos glorifying gun violence nonstop on cellular devices, it inundates their young developing minds.

Maybe I'm just old, but the amount of gun violence glorification and the increase in gun violence seem related to me.

"ignorance and stupidity struck when some argument outside of Politics elevated to extremes and gunshots went off" is not "only in New Orleans."

"Only in New Orleans" is when gunshots went off about doubloons and coconuts.

I may be just getting old but I blame rap music. I mean there was gangsta rap back when I was a teen, but it was hard to get your hands on cassettes, someone 18 had to buy them and pretty much only people 15 or 16 or older could get their hands on it, nowadays with the internet, elementary aged kids know all the lyrics to every youngboy songs, they watch youtube videos glorifying gun violence nonstop on cellular devices, it inundates their young developing minds.

Maybe I'm just old, but the amount of gun violence glorification and the increase in gun violence seem related to me.
Naw...it's a multitude of things...

The US has glorified gun culture all over the place, not just rap music. It's on TV, in movies, and video games as well. It's on the nightly news. It's everywhere. It's normalized that people get shot with guns here. It's an overall cultural problem that we are ignoring.

2. No one knows how to resolve conflict anymore without resorting to violence

1. Erosion of the American Family
- Adults making shotty decisions on who they have kids with
- "The System" God I wish I can give more specifics on this right now...gimme 5 more months and I'll write a tell all on this forking system and how it correlates to destroying families

3. Popular culture...not just rap, but because of 1 and 2 above...there isn't structure in place to prevent losing our young people to what they perceive as the way to get ahead.

If you have #1 in place then that teaches #2 and also keeps that #3 from leading you/your kids astray.

Sorry about the order but Family comes first...fix the family, you fix damn near everything else

How does one translate "Dagnabbit" into gangsta rap???

Yeah, I agree. No one wants to address it, but I agree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom