Carrs 1st Win With Sub 70 Passer Rating (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Derek Carr got his 1st career win while having a passer rating under 70 in a game. He had previously been 0-25 in such games.

His 65.5% passer rating in Monday nights game against the Panthers is the worst passer rating he has had in his career while getting a Win.

If you can get a win while posting a sub 70 passer rating I'd say things can only get better. It speaks volumes to the overall team play including the defense playing at a very high level. After a mediocre overall performance in week 2 Carr is still at or near the top in several QB statistics. The one that counts the most is winning. Everyone should be happy about a 2-0 start, no matter what it looks like.

Derek Carr got his 1st career win while having a passer rating under 70 in a game. He had previously been 0-25 in such games.

His 65.5% passer rating in Monday nights game against the Panthers is the worst passer rating he has had in his career while getting a Win.

If you can get a win while posting a sub 70 passer rating I'd say things can only get better. It speaks volumes to the overall team play including the defense playing at a very high level. After a mediocre overall performance in week 2 Carr is still at or near the top in several QB statistics. The one that counts the most is winning. Everyone should be happy about a 2-0 start, no matter what it looks like.
Carr's ability to play "clutch" fooball was talked about b4 the season started ( think he has most comback wins of all active QB's) and it's rang true. That's two games where he hasn't played GREAT, but when there's a play that needs to be made late in the game, he'll make it. That meshes very well with a Dennis Allen defense that has the occasional lapse (like giving up that late TD).

Hopefully he and Carmichael can continue to mesh and they look better in October then Nov

He plays great when it counts. He has heart. I’m extremely impressed with Carr and I’m feeling like we got the perfect player for our team.

The defense is playing lights out as others have said, and Carr seems to make the play when we must have it. I too have been impressed with him, especially with how much pressure he’s under. We’d have been 0-2 after these two games last season. I’m sure he’s appreciating this defense as much as we are.

he could have gotten a couple pass tds in the game but Olave stepped out and we just took the safer option to run them in. I dont hold his Td-less stats against him in this game. He also threw a few dimes in clutch moments

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom