Cleveland is getting rid of their offensive coaching staff (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

This one is interesting.

Chubb was injured but their run game has been spectacular. They have good quarterback performances by Flacco and Jacoby Brissett.

I will be happy if we look around these coaches.

This one is interesting.

Chubb was injured but their run game has been spectacular. They have good quarterback performances by Flacco and Jacoby Brissett.

I will be happy if we look around these coaches.
Still can't find who our run game coordinator is, or if that was Joel Thomas who recently departed for NY. If so, I concur, we should be checking them out.

Still can't find who our run game coordinator is, or if that was Joel Thomas who recently departed for NY. If so, I concur, we should be checking them out.
I thought Marrone has been the Run Game coordinator? JT was the RB coach, Marrone was the O line coach and Run Game coordinator.

Really odd considering the season they just had, not to mention their offensive-minded HC.

I thought Marrone has been the Run Game coordinator? JT was the RB coach, Marrone was the O line coach and Run Game coordinator.
It doesn't show under his title on the website. If you're right, and I think you are, it means we think Marrone did an average or better job, or he's one of DA's guys and that Joel Thomas was the main issue w/ the running game. Marrone's glaring blemish on the year was an inability to get Penning coached up.

Or perhaps Penning is just that lost...

On one hand it frees up more offensive coaches. On another it creates more competition for hiring.

I'm still expecting us to just promote Ronald Curry. Wondering if/when interviews will be...

It doesn't show under his title on the website. If you're right, and I think you are, it means we think Marrone did an average or better job, or he's one of DA's guys and that Joel Thomas was the main issue w/ the running game. Marrone's glaring blemish on the year was an inability to get Penning coached up.

The level of bad we saw from Penning likely isn’t curable with coaching. The kid just can’t play at this level.

He’s getting overpowered, manhandled, looks slow as molasses…just totally overmatched. I also question his intelligence level. The game may be too complicated for him.

We took a wild swing on a lower level prospect we couldn’t evaluate against great competition and got burned, badly.

The level of bad we saw from Penning likely isn’t curable with coaching. The kid just can’t play at this level.

He’s getting overpowered, manhandled, looks slow as molasses…just totally overmatched. I also question his intelligence level. The game may be too complicated for him.

We took a wild swing on a lower level prospect we couldn’t evaluate against great competition and got burned, badly.
Think switching to guard and letting Jahri Evans coach him up should be on the table?

well..most likely it will be Gruden for our O coordinator..but I wouldnt mind the Cleve staff if they want to move to NO....

Think switching to guard and letting Jahri Evans coach him up should be on the table?

It’s certainly worth the shot. Unfortunately all signs point to this staff being done with him though. They really went out of their way to not have him on the field, at all.

You’d think if he was fixable, they’d at least let him get in on some tackle-eligible plays.

I think what we saw on the early game tape is what he is sadly.

It’s certainly worth the shot. Unfortunately all signs point to this staff being done with him though. They really went out of their way to not have him on the field, at all.

You’d think if he was fixable, they’d at least let him get in on some tackle-eligible plays.

I think what we saw on the early game tape is what he is sadly.

I posted this in another thread. It was one of the shows on NFL Radio, but they were saying that training/development stops when the season begins and players go with what they know and then gain experience. They may have determined that he didn't have the training/development needed to be out there and went with guys who did. It's a way to reset him in the offseason and not let him continue with bad habits, etc.

Fans didn't like PC as a play caller because he was the behind-the-scenes guy while Payton called plays for the golden era of Saints offense. I'm not sure why we would suddenly want Van Pelt when he was in a similar background role while Stefanski called the plays.

It's entirely possible we just 100% whiffed on Penning.

Fans didn't like PC as a play caller because he was the behind-the-scenes guy while Payton called plays for the golden era of Saints offense. I'm not sure why we would suddenly want Van Pelt when he was in a similar background role while Stefanski called the plays.

Agree…I want a young, up and coming innovative guy, one that we will fear losing to a HC promotion in the near future.

To me, if you’re not fearful of your OC being a hot head coaching commodity, then you don’t have the right OC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom