Colts' win second most-watched Super Bowl ever (1 Viewer)

GoldenWarrior

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Ha I didn't even watch the game and I know a few Saints fan as well that didn't maybe we should have and it might have been the #1 most watched:)

NEW YORK -- Peyton Manning had a lot of witnesses to his soggy super win, with the estimated 93.2 million viewers representing the second most-watched Super Bowl broadcast ever.

Only the 1996 Super Bowl between Dallas and Pittsburgh, which had 94.1 million viewers, had a bigger audience, according to Nielsen Media Research on Monday. Behind that 1996 game and the M-A-S-H series finale, Sunday's game was the third most-watched program in television history.

The presence of one of the game's most popular players in Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning and a major-market team from Chicago undoubtedly juiced the ratings.

"The story line was about as good as you could have hoped for," said CBS Sports President Sean McManus. The game was shown on CBS, a division of CBS Corp.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/news/story?id=2755160

Rhodes: Missing MVP 'no big deal'

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2754606

No big deal," said Rhodes, who carried 21 times for 113 yards but never made it atop the podium to snuggle up to the Vince Lombardi Trophy in front of a national audience. "I'm a Super Bowl champion. Would the [MVP] award have been nice? Sure, and I guess the voting must have been close. But I've got 'champion' after my name now."

i could of sworn they were saying on espn last year that

The steelers vs seahawks was the most watched superbowl

they must of been wrong then

If it was up to me I think I'd have given the MVP to Bob Sanders or had Addai and Rhodes co-MVP.

Peyton played a good game, but I think Sanders' play was more valuable. Just my 2 cents.

Um, the story line was as good as we could have hoped for? Wha? I think it was rather weak and dull...and that was after one day.

I can't believe it was the second most-watched. I saw it, but only because my friend invited me over. I was planning to go to bed early.

By "in television history" do they mean just the USA? I would imagine some World Cup games and Olympics might be higher, worldwide.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom