commentator spoke to soon (1 Viewer)

Sumdude34

All-Pro
Reaction score
The play before the turner fumble who was the commentator that was saying atalanta was guarenteed points since they were on the 1. I thought it was funny that litterally the next play he was proven wrong. I think it was gruden but im not sure.

He said something very weird. Basically he said Since 1998 the Saints have allowed a touchdown or field goal when the other team is on the 1 yard line every time. I don't know where he got that info, and I'm 99% that's not true at all. Not sure why he said it.

I thought I remembered several goal line stands as well. It may be that it was 1st and goal at the 1 and that was when they have always gotten points. How often does that actually happen however, 1st and goal from the 1?

He said something very weird. Basically he said Since 1998 the Saints have allowed a touchdown or field goal when the other team is on the 1 yard line every time. I don't know where he got that info, and I'm 99% that's not true at all. Not sure why he said it.

the steelers disagree with this stat
i'm also glad jaws mentioned turner's lack of turn-overs during the previous drive

This but the difference is he said had a first down on the 1 yard line. Not often teams have a first down on the 1 yard line to begin with.

First fumble by turner all season, wow.

And the stat line he said was stupid.

They have either gotten touchdowns or field goals.

Duh.

I died out laughing when the fumble happened right after he said that. Though I wasn't our goal line stand against the Steelers from the 1??
Also the whole "Turner doesn't fumble" thing hahahahah

pretty sure the ball was at the one inch line. Payton challenged the touchdown on a catch, it was overturned they got the ball at the one, we stopped them.

It was Tirico that was talking about the statistic, really I'm one of those that can't stand the whole statistics, someone's mom's cousin's aunts' uncles nephew blah blah blah....bull crap..

I like Tirico but think he like many get caught up in the whole ESPN stats world...

I died out laughing when the fumble happened right after he said that. Though I wasn't our goal line stand against the Steelers from the 1??
Also the whole "Turner doesn't fumble" thing hahahahah
we also caused Heath MIller to fumble, and he hardly ever does. Last year we shut down Terrell Owens without a catch, breaking some ludicrous streak he had going as well. Our defense seems to enjoy breaking streaks and wreaking havoc. They really are becoming an elite defense, and they're doing it WITHOUT a strong pass rush.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom