Conspiracy theory on refs (1 Viewer)

I find it interesting that the one game Sean payton doesn’t coach and we have a legitimately reffed game. Let’s see what happens when he returns. My guess is there will be bogus calls.
They kept their flags in until that last Bucs drive. I believe that 4th down call was a make up for the previous play.

If the officials as a whole really want to hurt Payton, they would have kept calling bad calls on us last night, b/c every Saints loss hurts Payton. I think it's probably more likely that some officials do hate Payton and, whether it's conscious or unconscious bias, favor the opponent in their calls. Hussey and his crew, however, are a stand up bunch and call the game fairly.

When the refs threw a flag for pass interference on an intended pass to Gronk at the very end of the game you just see Brady yelling “it’s about time!!” multiple times at the nearest ref. The refs let our DB’s get away with murder. To me it feels like the league wants GB to be the number one seed, so they let the Saints have the advantage yesterday.

When the refs threw a flag for pass interference on an intended pass to Gronk at the very end of the game you just see Brady yelling “it’s about time!!” multiple times at the nearest ref. The refs let our DB’s get away with murder. To me it feels like the league wants GB to be the number one seed, so they let the Saints have the advantage yesterday.
The refs also let Tampa's DB's get away with murder, starting with the forearm shiver to the back of Callaway's head that caused him to drop a 1st down catch in the red zone in the first quarter. No flag there either.

Hussey’s crew has thrown the fourth-fewest penalty flags in the NFL this year (137) with a nearly even split between fouls on home teams (70) and visitors (67). Most of their attention has been focused on false start (35) and offensive holding (27) fouls, with DPI a distant third-place (10).

Hussey's crew pretty much called the game consistent to how they have all year. Not a lot of flags to begin with, and DPI is almost non-existent.

Before the game the Saints were 7-2 in games where Hussey was the head official including the Patriots game from earlier this season.
Well he's a relatively new ref isn't he? Winning 7 out of 9 is pretty much on par for this team the last 5 years.

Well he's a relatively new ref isn't he? Winning 7 out of 9 is pretty much on par for this team the last 5 years.
Hussey’s been a ref for 6-7 years. Him, Wrolstad, Allen, and Torbert have been around for a while now. They are some of the goods ones. Boger and Corrente are aging out. Wouldn’t be surprised if Corrente retires. He’s 70. Boger has maybe five more years in him. He became a ref Payton’s fist year as Saints head coach. The Saints won the first game he reffed for them, maybe his first game as ref, beating Cleveland in Cleveland. That was Payton and Romeo Crennell’s first game as head coaches.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom