Does anyone here work in a restaurant, i have a question? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Does anyone here work in a restaurant? I have a question and maybe you can give some suggestions.

The issue is the takeaway people at the restaurant I work at have issues at least twice a night where they leave out important things like bread,butter, and salad dressings.

what is supposed to happen but doesn't obviously is the person bagging the order checks the order before they bring the order to front and the person that runs the order to customer checks it before they give it to them.

any suggestions for fixing this issue or any incentive Ideas for not leaving things out for a given time period

Does anyone here work in a restaurant? I have a question and maybe you can give some suggestions.

The issue is the takeaway people at the restaurant I work at have issues at least twice a night where they leave out important things like bread,butter, and salad dressings.

what is supposed to happen but doesn't obviously is the person bagging the order checks the order before they bring the order to front and the person that runs the order to customer checks it before they give it to them.

any suggestions for fixing this issue or any incentive Ideas for not leaving things out for a given time period

Yeah, write them up and then fire them if they still can't get it right. Simple

Write up the checklist of items to include in to-go bags when orders go out. Post the list directly in front of Take-out/server station.

Anything that can be pre-portioned and bagged when the order is taken might be a good start. Things like butter, sour cream, dressings, etc. can be put into containers and capped as part of the daily prep. Have the person taking the order put all of those condiments and sides in a small bag that's included in the larger bag.

That'll help the person that's prepping the to-go food to concentrate on getting all the ordered items correct.

I have a question. Are you suppose to tip for a take out order? I would love to know. I rarely order out.

have a punch list for each shift
divide work based on sales (slow shifts get more sidework but dont have to participate in deep cleanings)
everything that can be done ahead needs to be
proper training unheeded needs to be dealt with before it spreads
tip togo, whats a dollar? really?
and finally keep in mind these folks are not brain surgeons, if they screw up you get veggies AND fries

Please let's not do this again.

To answer the OP.....get better servers.

Boudro,
It is a real question. Do the service people preparing meals get paid at least minimum wage. In take out, there is no 'service" beyond getting the order right and bagging it up. I want to do the correct thing, My reasonable mind says no tip is needed, but if I am wrong, I want to be corrected.

Boudro,
It is a real question. Do the service people preparing meals get paid at least minimum wage. In take out, there is no 'service" beyond getting the order right and bagging it up. I want to do the correct thing, My reasonable mind says no tip is needed, but if I am wrong, I want to be corrected.

The people delivering you the order usually make minimum wage, just like the cooks. Here is what I do: If they are nice and seem to care, I leave them a few bucks(anywhere from $1-$5). No, the kitchen usually does not get any of that though.

The people delivering you the order usually make minimum wage, just like the cooks. Here is what I do: If the are nice and seem to care, I leave them a few bucks(anywhere from $1-$5). No, the kitchen usually does not get any of that though.
Thank you. I appreciate the response.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom