DraftWire Perfect Saints Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

kennydfresh

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
So I was on yahoo checking up on the news making sure WWIII hasn't started yet and ran into the "perfect" scenario Saints mock draft I wanted to share with everyone and get your opinion. I would give it an A+ if it turned out that way. (Source Draftwire)

1a. Garrett "Mr. Backshoulders" Wilson WR 4.38 40 time
1b. Trevor Penning LT
2. Sam Howell QB
3. John Ridgeway DT Arkansas 6'5 321 NT

This mock draft makes everyone on the board happy I think. Afterwards we resign Kwon Alexander and maybe we get lucky and sign Tyrann Mathieu to a 1yr deal. We would have the best defense in the league and a offense that can score points. This would be enough to win at least 10 or more games and get us in the playoffs healthy and maybe end up with a Cincinnati type situation where you get hot and who knows. Looking forward to yalls opinion.

1) how do we land Wilson in our current draft position?

2) do we REALLY want Howell?

3) will ridgeway be there in the 3rd?

Other than that…. We can all dream right?

1) how do we land Wilson in our current draft position?

2) do we REALLY want Howell?

3) will ridgeway be there in the 3rd?

Other than that…. We can all dream right?
1. The way the draft turned out teams valued Williams, OIave, and London over Wilson.
2. Howell won't play this year no matter what and this would silence the QB media folk. (secret saints haters all of them, yeah you Peter Schrager)
3. I hope so. He is a big man that can come in and play year one. He will not be asked to pressure the QB but just eat 2 blockers to free up Onyemata and Street.

At first it looked like we were chasing a LT w/ the #16th, but as we get closer to draft day it is the WR we are trading up for, and will get the LT at #19th pick. I think the posted 40yd times really boosted the WRs value in the draft. It just took a minute for the implantation to set in.

I chose for all 32 teams through two rounds this morning and ended up with Penning, Williams, and Metchie.
A pair of Alabama WRs coming off of ACL's. Mocks are fun, but the different scenarios lead different thought
patterns. If it weren't for the injuries, would either of these receivers be available to us where we pick in the
first two rounds? I'm thinking probably not. Fit? An elite outside deep threat, and a super twitchy speed slot.
That pairs up perfectly with CGM. Do I think we'd take two high picks at the same position coming off serious
injuries 4/5 months ago? No. But if we did, I can see a reason for it.

So we would have:
  • Winston returning from ACL
  • Mike Thomas returning from Ankle
  • Maye returning from Achilles and suspended a few games
  • Kamara suspended for a slew of games.
  • 2 high draft picks returning from ACL
We're likely to struggle out the gate this year. Especially if AK starts the year on suspension. Neither of the
two receivers will get much work if any in the offseason and camp. The first half of the year could be a little
like the end of last year when we were just trying to steal a win where we could with the players we have available.

But then, somewhere around mid-season... AK's back. Maye's back. MT is back to form. Jameis is back to form.
And we have two absolute burners come off the bench to join them. A whole new offense and a whole new ball
game.

Schrager also mocked Wilson to the at Saints at 16. I think we’re gonna have to trade our third round pick to move up to get the offensive tackle

Attachments

• 7F030CD9-DFC0-48B7-9C56-A5EDF8EBFF29.png
    7F030CD9-DFC0-48B7-9C56-A5EDF8EBFF29.png
    675.2 KB · Views: 10
If we're drafting Howell we may as well cut Book right now, because we're not going to have 4 quarterbacks on the roster, plus Taysom Hill.

1a and 1b are great! 2 and 3 not so much IMO.

I think we need to take a serious look at one of the top running backs with our second round pick (I seriously doubt we draft any QB this year) without AK we’re going to need a high usage back to go with Ingram who’ll be there for the future. Hall, Walker or Spiller would do the trick.

I don’t think Ridgeway will be there at 98. Stranger things have happened, if he’s there I’d probably take him.

Last edited:
Schrager also mocked Wilson to the at Saints at 16. I think we’re gonna have to trade our third round pick to move up to get the offensive tackle
The mock drafts still have Penning there at #19. We may not pick a LT w/ the #16 or #19. Hurst played more LT than Armstead last season. Nothing would shock me.

Schrager may have a point with J Davis @ #19. I'm starting to think we'd take him if he's there & get an LT in the 2nd. But I think we'd take Olave before Wilson @ #16. He's a more polished route runner & does better against press

I chose for all 32 teams through two rounds this morning and ended up with Penning, Williams, and Metchie.
A pair of Alabama WRs coming off of ACL's. Mocks are fun, but the different scenarios lead different thought
patterns. If it weren't for the injuries, would either of these receivers be available to us where we pick in the
first two rounds? I'm thinking probably not. Fit? An elite outside deep threat, and a super twitchy speed slot.
That pairs up perfectly with CGM. Do I think we'd take two high picks at the same position coming off serious
injuries 4/5 months ago? No. But if we did, I can see a reason for it.

So we would have:
  • Winston returning from ACL
  • Mike Thomas returning from Ankle
  • Maye returning from Achilles and suspended a few games
  • Kamara suspended for a slew of games.
  • 2 high draft picks returning from ACL
We're likely to struggle out the gate this year. Especially if AK starts the year on suspension. Neither of the
two receivers will get much work if any in the offseason and camp. The first half of the year could be a little
like the end of last year when we were just trying to steal a win where we could with the players we have available.

But then, somewhere around mid-season... AK's back. Maye's back. MT is back to form. Jameis is back to form.
And we have two absolute burners come off the bench to join them. A whole new offense and a whole new ball
game.
I just think DA can afford to come out the gate slow which is why I'm reluctant with Williams at WR, MT might take a few games to get up to form and with AK out that's an issue as well. I would rather we go with another receiver who will be 100 % come OTAs after the draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom