Drew Brees qbr rating (1 Viewer)

Saviorbrees

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
After last nights game even though he had an interception(that should have been pass interference with out a doubt) he threw for 4tds on only 17completions. His qbr rating is now at 127.3 which would demolish Aaron Rodgers record from 2011. I hope he continues to dominate and I hope we continue to win who dat!?!

QBR is not passer rating as the two ratings judge different statistics. Might wanna update the thread title to "Drew Brees passer rating. The QBR scale maxes out at 100.

QBR is not passer rating as the two ratings judge different statistics. Might wanna update the thread title to "Drew Brees passer rating. The QBR scale maxes out at 100.

Before ESPN added their flawed Total QBR stat in 2006, QBR was synonymous with Passer Rating. Everyone knows what someone means when they say his QBR is 127.3.

Speaking of QBR, Brees will have 3 of the top 8 QBR marks of all time after this season, no other QB holds 2 spots in the top 8.

Doing the math, Drew Brees has to roughly average about a 110 QB rating over the next 5 games to break the record.

Before ESPN added their flawed Total QBR stat in 2006, QBR was synonymous with Passer Rating. Everyone knows what someone means when they say his QBR is 127.3.

I seriously doubt that since it was always called "Pass Efficiency Rating" as far as I can remember going back to the early 90s.

I seriously doubt that since it was always called "Pass Efficiency Rating" as far as I can remember going back to the early 90s.

From Wikipedia and also from my own memory which goes back beyond the 90s:

“Passer rating (also known as quarterback rating, QB rating, or passing efficiency in college football) is a measure of the performance of passers, primarily quarterbacks, in American football and Canadian football.[1] There are two formulae currently in use: one used by both the National Football League (NFL) and Canadian Football League (CFL), and the other used in NCAA football. Passer rating is calculated using a player's passing attempts, completions, yards, touchdowns, and interceptions. Since 1973, passer rating has been the official formula used by the NFL to determine its passing leader.[2] Passer rating in the NFL is on a scale from 0 to 158.3. Passing efficiency in college football is on a scale from −731.6 to 1261.6.”

Speaking of QBR, Brees will have 3 of the top 8 QBR marks of all time after this season, no other QB holds 2 spots in the top 8.
And if Mahomes falls off just a little bit these last 5 games, he'll fall out of the top 8 of all time and Brees will hold 3 of the top 7 spots of all time.

Another fun fact. Drew is 4th in pass plays over 25yds. The man is 40 yrs old and can still sling it. And it's not all yac either. The TDs to Lewis and Arnold were 28 and 25 yds all through the air.

From Wikipedia and also from my own memory which goes back beyond the 90s:

“Passer rating (also known as quarterback rating, QB rating, or passing efficiency in college football) is a measure of the performance of passers, primarily quarterbacks, in American football and Canadian football.[1] There are two formulae currently in use: one used by both the National Football League (NFL) and Canadian Football League (CFL), and the other used in NCAA football. Passer rating is calculated using a player's passing attempts, completions, yards, touchdowns, and interceptions. Since 1973, passer rating has been the official formula used by the NFL to determine its passing leader.[2] Passer rating in the NFL is on a scale from 0 to 158.3. Passing efficiency in college football is on a scale from −731.6 to 1261.6.”

Yep, the NFL's website is a virtual minefield of outdated and flat-out incorrect "info". This is literally taken from the page that the "[1]" part in your quote links to:

"For example, to gain a 2.375 in completion percentage, a passer would have to complete 77.5 percent of his passes. The NFL record is 70.55 by Ken Anderson (Cincinnati, 1982). "

Just cuz it's on the internet or even on the NFL's official website doesn't mean it's true.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom