ESPN: Free Agency expected to start on time (1 Viewer)

They can not allow fans at OTA and training camp practice. That would give them until preseason games to have a pretty tight control.
No need for the NFL to cancel or postpone anything yet

Not buying it.

Someone is going to write a scathing article about the terrible optics of such a decision, it'll gain enough traction in the media by Tuesday night and a late decision will be made to postpone it.

Not buying it.

Someone is going to write a scathing article about the terrible optics of such a decision, it'll gain enough traction in the media by Tuesday night and a late decision will be made to postpone it.
If that indeed does happen, then we will all know the media is doing this to merely incite panic. Free agency poses no risk whatsoever in spreading the virus.

Delaying it would seem like a PR move. The whole point of cancelling or postponing events is to limit exposure to the virus. Teams can negotiate contract terms with players with zero risk of spreading the virus.

Teams can negotiate contracts, but players have to pass physicals. It may be a risk for a team to commit a big sum of money on a player that may not pass his physical. It is a rare situation, but it sometimes happens.

This is not the time for travelling, and as we know players get red carpet treatment when visiting teams. They need to see cities, neighbourhoods, facilities, etc.

Other aspect that may be affected are press conferences introducing players.

Listen, I am not saying postponing free agency is an adequate move or not. But certainly it has to be done on different circumstances.

Situations are different from city to city, but right now I think to work with caution is the way to go. For that I mean, that if you can keep your staff at home, that is the way to go.

As long as people take precautions and avoid physical contact as much as possible, then I don't see why free agency has to be postponed. I do understand postponing draft party and predraft work out.

It's the players that are wanting to get paid so it makes sense that they wouldn't want to push the start of the league year.

I don’t doubt it. I’m just surprised the NFL would publicly leak that out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom