ESPN's Dan Graziano 25 predictions from 2019 through the 2021 season (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
NFL predictions through 2021: Bell's future, new champs, more

First thing I thought of when I read the title was whether they'd reference the longevity of Brees (and Brady for that matter). And yep they sure did:

14. Drew Brees plays longer than Tom Brady does.
"This one dovetails with the last one. Brees isn't out there with a bunch of "Drew vs. Time" longevity hype videos, but Brees at 39 remains in peak playing shape and shows no real signs of slowing down. He'll own the NFL's career passing yardage record by Halloween of this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of his long-range goals is to play longer than Brady does. I also doubt Brady harbors the reciprocal goal."

Le'veon Bell is so overrated.

If he carries it 300+ times again this coming season then anyone who wants to pay him $13m a year need their head checking.

Le'veon Bell is so overrated.

If he carries it 300+ times again this coming season then anyone who wants to pay him $13m a year need their head checking.

Le'Veon isn't overrated, but the Steelers definitely are. I'd say they're the most overrated team in the entire AFC - massive underachievers despite having high end talent.

These predictions are a bit off.

On Dallas; they had the talent to make a SB run back in 2016 (and arguably 2014) and would've even had home field advantage with the SB just being some hours away in Houston TX. They're never going to get another golden opportunity like that again. This team would've made an NFC title game at least, if they didn't have Jason Garrett as the coach. Garrett is the most overrated coach in the league today and should've been fired ages ago for underachieving with high end talent. Dallas has lost so many close games due to his inept coaching and bad decision making in crunch time.

Completely disagree on Rosen, Jim Harbaugh, the AFC East and a number of other things listed here.

Le'Veon isn't overrated, but the Steelers definitely are. I'd say they're the most overrated team in the entire AFC - massive underachievers despite having high end talent.
He's no better than Mark Ingram. Give Ingram 321 carries and the numbers would compare.
I'd like to see him put up those numbers against teams that can't load the box because Antonio Brown is on the field.

He's no better than Mark Ingram. Give Ingram 321 carries and the numbers would compare.
I'd like to see him put up those numbers against teams that can't load the box because Antonio Brown is on the field.
Two different styles of runners and both are effective, but Bell is much better back. And that's not a knock on Ingram.

You're comparing two backs who are completely different. Ingram has never been able to shed tackles and do the stuff Bell can. We were lucky last year to have Kamara who saved us a number of times when Ingram couldn't show up in games (see Rams game and both playoff games). A better comparison to Bell is Kamara.

Pittsburgh's offensive woes had nothing to do with Bell last year. Their offense has always underachieved in the past decade despite who the RB is. They have a mediocre coach who has cruised through his tenure with high end talent and don't have much to show for it outside of that one SB.

These predictions are a bit off.

On Dallas; they had the talent to make a SB run back in 2016 (and arguably 2014) and would've even had home field advantage with the SB just being some hours away in Houston TX. They're never going to get another golden opportunity like that again. This team would've made an NFC title game at least, if they didn't have Jason Garrett as the coach. Garrett is the most overrated coach in the league today and should've been fired ages ago for underachieving with high end talent. Dallas has lost so many close games due to his inept coaching and bad decision making in crunch time.

Completely disagree on Rosen, Jim Harbaugh, the AFC East and a number of other things listed here.

Overrated??? I didn't know he was rated highly. How can you be overrated if everyone thinks You blow?

You're comparing two backs who are completely different. Ingram has never been able to shed tackles and do the stuff Bell can. We were lucky last year to have Kamara who saved us a number of times when Ingram couldn't show up in games (see Rams game and both playoff games). A better comparison to Bell is Kamara.
Makes little difference.

His job is to gain yards and score TD's. Most backs in the league will get 1200 on 320 carries. He's nothing special.

This thread could possibly hold the record for most player overratings per post capita.

I think Ingram has performed quite well, especially the last couple of years. He's always been on the upper end of YPC, which says a lot. With that being said, don't you think it speaks volumes that Bell's coach would give him 300+ carries? It means he's trusted, every down, to do the job. He's done more in 5 years than Ingram has in 7.

You do realize that if Bell continues to perform the way he has, he will be in the hall of fame right? While Ingram has done well..I cannot say the same for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom