Grant and Smith wait to hear from the NFL what court ruling means to them (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
by Brian Allee-Walsh, The Times-Picayune
Friday September 11, 2009, 1:43 PM
Scott Threlkeld / The Times-Picayune

New Orleans Saints defensive ends Charles Grant and Will Smith, top, are waiting to hear from the NFL on their possible four-game suspensions.

New Orleans Saints defensive ends Will Smith and Charles Grant continued their "business as usual'' approach while team and NFL officials try to sort out the implications of Friday's ruling by the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals in Minneapolis.

One thing is certain: Smith and Grant will play in Sunday's season opener against the Detroit Lions at the Superdome.

"What happens, happens,'' Grant told reporters. "Right now, all you need to be focused on is Detroit. Can we get this one win against Detroit on the way to the Super Bowl? That's it. That's a done dollar.

"We're here to play Detroit this week. I can't worry about what's going on next week. I'm living for today, not tomorrow, OK? That ain't promised to none of us. We ain't going to assume nothing. I don't know when it will be resolved.''

Smith and Grant said they were informed of the court's ruling by reporters after coming off the practice field. Neither had spoken with Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis and Coach Sean Payton, league officials or their lawyer, David Cornwell.

"It's a league matter,'' Smith said."When the league tells us something, we can tell you guys something but they haven't told us anything. I'm just trying to get prepared to play this game Sunday against the Detroit Lions, come out with a victory, then after that prepare myself to play against the (Philadelphia) Eagles.

"My focus is the Detroit Lions. Me and Charles just got to go out there and do what we do best and try to help the team win. That's the most important thing right now. All of the other stuff, these rumors, these reports and stuff like that, let the league deal with that. Let Mickey and Coach Payton deal with that and we'll just deal with playing football.'
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/09/_what_happens_happens_right.html

That's a good attitude by the players. The league's silence is deafening. How sad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom