Green Wave 🆚 K-State (1 Viewer)

woohoosaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Sorry couldn't post the thread earlier.
Was celebrating my brother-in-law's 50th birthday today (he's mentally handicapped and autistic)
It's a big milestone for him.

As for the game, big mistakes came back to bite us.
Mensah fumbling in K-State territory and it being returned for a TD killed us.
The refs didn't help by calling "incomplete pass" when the ball was clearly thrown behind the QB on K-State's first drive.
The PI call in the endzone on the last Green Wave drive was atrocious IMO.

But, you can't make the mistakes that we made today and expect to beat any top 25 team.

10:1 odds that is an Arkansas wedding.

Sorry couldn't post the thread earlier.
Was celebrating my brother-in-law's 50th birthday today (he's mentally handicapped and autistic)
It's a big milestone for him.

As for the game, big mistakes came back to bite us.
Mensah fumbling in K-State territory and it being returned for a TD killed us.
The refs didn't help by calling "incomplete pass" when the ball was clearly thrown behind the QB on K-State's first drive.
The PI call in the endzone on the last Green Wave drive was atrocious IMO.

But, you can't make the mistakes that we made today and expect to beat any top 25 team.

The offensive PI was not a good call but at least I could understand it as the Tulane WR extended his arm, still not PI though....but it looked like it could have been......

The far worse jacking was the no call on the next play, clearly DPI, defender was all over the Tulane WR but "because he looked back for the ball" the mauling was legitimate (said the moronic announcer)......that was awful officiating....

The offensive PI was not a good call but at least I could understand it as the Tulane WR extended his arm, still not PI though....but it looked like it could have been......

The far worse jacking was the no call on the next play, clearly DPI, defender was all over the Tulane WR but "because he looked back for the ball" the mauling was legitimate (said the moronic announcer)......that was awful officiating....
On the bogus OPI, there was a ref right there who didn't call it.
The flag came from the other side of the field.

Here's my thing. You throw the flag there, you should've thrown the flag in the following play for DPI on K-State...

OR!!!

You don't throw the flag because neither of the plays were PI.

Also, remember the roughing the passer call against KSt that never happened.
Mensah threw the ball from his own 5 yd line and the KSt defender threw him to the ground 5 yds in the Tulane endzone right in front of the ref.
There was also a big disparity on when holding calls were made.
It's painfully obvious the B12 crew had directives to follow. KSt is the most likely B12 team to make it to the playoff and losing to Tulane would meant an end to that.
Sure, Tulane could have played a perfect game with no errors and won, but is that really what should be expected.
Shouldn't what is expected is a fairly called game and this one was FAR from a fairly called game.

On a side note, why does the casual NOLA area fan not find supporting this team in person attractive?
Parking, tix and concessions are all very reasonable. A top 20, power 4, team rolls in and still sections of a 28K seat stadium are left sparsely filled.
The team is well coached and has been successful for the past few years.
They play hard and are a very entertaining squad. They deserve more support.

On a side note, why does the casual NOLA area fan not find supporting this team in person attractive?
Parking, tix and concessions are all very reasonable. A top 20, power 4, team rolls in and still sections of a 28K seat stadium are left sparsely filled.
The team is well coached and has been successful for the past few years.
They play hard and are a very entertaining squad. They deserve more support.
Yes, there should be better support. Tulane plays good & exciting football and you don’t have to sell a kidney to enjoy a game at Yulman.

But one thing I learned a long time ago is that you can’t force folks to give their support. It’s a lot like wanting fans at the stadium to cheer louder during a game. They have to want to, or at least be motivated to do so. Sometimes it’s the opponent; sometimes it’s the situation. But fans are going to do as they feel.

No one can (or will) fake support. They either do it or they don’t. The diehards will always be there in person. The rest just need a bit more motivation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom