Happy with season outcome (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I like the fact we have an opportunity to get a win on the road in the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. I also like the fact we might have an opportunity to face chicago again. I know Soldier Field has been a graveyard
for the Saints season's in the past. But I think we owe them one..hell we owe them two. Our season in 2006 and 2008 ended in Soldier Field. If you erase last year many of us would be thrilled to be in this position. Im embracing it. I just find some threads were people just aren't happy with where we are. I know are level of play hasnt been where we EXPECT it. But we won 11 games and got a 5th seed wildcard spot. Enjoy the ride. Hopefully the ride stops in Dallas, Texas.

This season has been great, and I am thankful. Anything from here on out is just an added bonus for me. :)

agreed...I remember hoping to sneak into the playoffs and never really felling like we could pull it off. Here we are, in the playoffs a year after winning it all and I really think we will make a deep run.

wow you are either easy to please or had low expectations

No, I'm just a realist.. It's tough to win in this league, and I think the Saints are a good team. Winning a SB every year is not a realistic expectation. So, I didn't come into this season expecting it. If it happens, then that's awesome! The fact that they've had winning seasons, back to back, makes me happy.

Travis

This^^ How many teams that won a SB came back the next year and did what we have done so far. We are only about 2 plays away from being the #1 seed throughout the playoffs. I know, if, but the fact remains we had a very good year after winning a SB. I am happy where we are at and look forward to a road win Saturday. After that then we will be in for a fight the rest of the way. If we fail to make the SB then sobeit. I will still be happy with where we are as a team and we still have great hope for upcoming seasons. Heck the Patriots won it one year and then missed it the following year while learning how to put it all together to be repeat champions. I will take where we are now over the 2005 season all day long.

The goal is to reach the playoffs, we accomplished this much. Wish we had a either the 1 or 2 seed, but just getting into the playoffs and giving yourself the opportunity to win it all is what it is all about. At this point, you can't ask for much more than that. I'm satisfied. Now let's go win it all. WHO DAT!

I think you are either very hard to please, or more likely, have no concept of what we accomplished, what we used to be, and where we have come from. This has been a great run. Like said, better than the many teams that have won it all only to come back the next year and miss the playoffs. We are now becoming perennial contenders. I thought I would never be able to say that as a Saints Fan. I'm more than happy. In fact, I'm way hungover after all the Saints toasting I did last night.

I feel like grabbing the first road playoff win in franchise history would be a nice way to cap the season. The second round playoff game is going to be at best a toss up as far as results and I'm at a place to accept the results positive or negative there and any games beyond and still consider it a successful season. I know there are other fans who don't accept that and I'm ok with it.

24 other teams wish they were in the position the Saints are in. At least the Saints won't be the horror story of winning the superbowl and then tanking the next year. No fluke here. You don't get to the playoffs in two consecutive years by pure luck and Katrina sympathy.

24 other teams wish they were in the position the Saints are in. At least the Saints won't be the horror story of winning the superbowl and then tanking the next year. No fluke here. You don't get to the playoffs in two consecutive years by pure luck and Katrina sympathy.

I hope it goes without saying, but you don't get to the Superbowl in the first place with luck and Katrina sympathy. Maybe, just maybe, they won the Falcons game dome opener on some kind of "emotion", but every other win has been by hard work and dedication.

I have seen your comments on other threads. I think living in Philly has rubbed off on you the wrong way. Down here most of us are thankful for each win instead of being ****** it didn't go the way our expectations thought it would.

Quit being so damn pessimistic brah.

11 - 5 and a playoff berth is a good season anywhere at any time.

27 - 8 with a Superbowl win in our last 35 games is outstanding by any stroke of the imagination.

Actually Soldier field ended 06 and 07 for us, and eliminated us from the playoffs in 08. That's THREE years of payback that they are owed. Also they have beat us in the playoffs before 06 so that's another dose of revenge to come their way

I like the fact we have an opportunity to get a win on the road in the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. I also like the fact we might have an opportunity to face chicago again. I know Soldier Field has been a graveyard
for the Saints season's in the past. But I think we owe them one..hell we owe them two. Our season in 2006 and 2008 ended in Soldier Field. If you erase last year many of us would be thrilled to be in this position. Im embracing it. I just find some threads were people just aren't happy with where we are. I know are level of play hasnt been where we EXPECT it. But we won 11 games and got a 5th seed wildcard spot. Enjoy the ride. Hopefully the ride stops in Dallas, Texas.
yes,as most of you know..getting to the big game and winning it is what all 32 teams set out to do..but only one team holds up the Trophy at the end of the year.I would like to know how many #5 seeds in the NFC has made the Superbowl?anybody know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom