Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest (1 Viewer)

Claw

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — A woman who competed in a radio station's contest to see how much water she could drink without going to the bathroom died of water intoxication, the coroner's office said Saturday.

Jennifer Strange, 28, was found dead Friday in her suburban Rancho Cordova home hours after taking part in the "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest in which KDND 107.9 promised a Nintendo Wii video game system for the winner.

"She said to one of our supervisors that she was on her way home and her head was hurting her real bad," said Laura Rios, one of Strange's co-workers at Radiological Associates of Sacramento. "She was crying and that was the last that anyone had heard from her."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/bizarre/4469122.html

All I can say is crazy!

Thats really sad, but I couldn't help but laugh. I guess thats why I'm going straight to Hell.

People would eat poo if they could "win" something.

Thats it.Water must be banned,if it saves even one life its worth it!!

I'm guessing this will scare her kids away from video games and water for the rest of their lives.
Then again, the money that family will win from the lawsuit should provide for some serious therapy. They might be ok after a while.
In the meantime stay away from water. Drink anything else.

Hold Your Wee contests have been on Japanese TV for a long time.

I can't find anything funny in this woman's death.

"I was talking to her and she was a nice lady," Ybarra said. "She was telling me about her family and her three kids and how she was doing it for kids."

they used to have bladder buster night at a bar here in metrybrah......free draft beer until someone used the bathroom....as far as i know, nobody died...people got drunk but they lived......drink more free beer

....UPDATE...

via Foxnews this morning, the DJ was just fired and an investigation of the station is underway.

`Very "Strange" indeed,Beer is better for ya anyhow,it is like filtered 3x and has better taste and makes your liver more better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom