Hurst takes paycut to remain with Saints (1 Viewer)

He had a roster bonus of $1.75 million and another bonus of some sort (probably per game) for another $1.5 million. Those are what are gone now.
That 2nd bonus wasn't a per game bonus since OTC has a column for that. It is listed as "other bonus" so my guess would be starts or a bonus he gets if the team makes the playoffs.

I don't think this restructure will have any effect whatsoever on whether Hurst makes the final 53! It will buy us some time to see whether we pick up a G/T high in the draft and whether Saldieri (sp) shows significant improvement in camp. My hope is we can move on from these serviceable Vets and get younger and more talented in the OL.

He's fine for depth. I don't like it as a starter. I really hoped Saldiveri would be good enough by now but I guess he isn't.

So as of now, we have the same guys on our Oline, excluding Peat (possibly at the moment) correct?
I’m drawing a blank but didnt we have another guard that got hurt during training camp? Was that a 1 year deal or is he still under contract?

Edit: I’m thinking of turner and he is a FA.

I’m drawing a blank but didnt we have another guard that got hurt during training camp? Was that a 1 year deal or is he still under contract?

Edit: I’m thinking of turner and he is a FA.
We signed Turner and Max Garcia last year. Both are FAs now.

I asked bc if we were to bring Peat back, and have the same Oline, then we will be able to see if their performance was a coaching issue.

We signed Turner and Max Garcia last year. Both are FAs now.

I asked bc if we were to bring Peat back, and have the same Oline, then we will be able to see if their performance was a coaching issue.
I think and hope we bring peat back. I also really believe coaching was the biggest issue because everyone, except maybe peat, seemed to regress last year. I’m really curious to see what the new staff does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom