I'll Have Another Scratched from Belmont - No Triple Crown (Again) (1 Viewer)

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Broke first by a random tweeter, and then via Dan Patrick Radio Show.

That's crazy...What Happened???

Supposedly a tendon injury, and that he has raced his last race.

They're going to hold a press conference in about an hour.

I believe he probably would have won tomorrow. He was clearly a strong closer, and gets better as the race goes on, so the long distance wouldn't have had the damning impact it did on some horse. It also wasn't the strongest field by any stretch.

I imagine there will be quite a few NBC Execs stating "I'll Have Another" the rest of the day. But it will be to their bartender, not their co-workers.

I read that if the trainer agreed to pull the horse from the race, they wouldn't expose a failed drug test.

that is terrible. Its been so fun watching him the last 2 races. I also feel bad for the jockey, he seemed like such a nice guy and deserved the shot.

I read that if the trainer agreed to pull the horse from the race, they wouldn't expose a failed drug test.

I heard on the radio that the trainer had been known for failed tests with his horses, wouldn't surprise me.

edit: Sooner Jim beat me to it

I'll have another milkshake is more like it.

I was rooting for him. But now this race can turn to a money maker. Who's gonna win?

Smart play for the owner. The potential of the Triple Crown win boosts his stud fees so much more than if he had run and lost. With the trainers' rather dubious track record, I cannot believe that he is simply doing this for the "welfare of the horse."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom