YouTube Is Spencer Rattler ACTUALLY Good? - QB Breakdown with Chase Daniel (1 Viewer)

Watching this breakdown is helpful in realizing all that a new QB has to be able to digest and understand about the position. It's far more than just having the right physical tools. And as important as it is for the QB to be able to read defenses and thoroughly understand his playbook, this video shows how critical it is for every man to do his job effectively. While passes are not always perfectly thrown, every one of the throws in that video should have been caught. Those drops are often the difference between finishing the day with an 'L' or a 'W'. It's all about execution.

Yeah the passes were catchable, but something I've seen from Rattler consistently is, his ball placement doesn't always make the catch "easy". And it works both ways, sometimes I feel like his WR's need to make plays. Like the low pass that AT Perry dropped. It's like, yo, your QB just stood int he pocket and got blasted, make the damn catch and bail him. Then there are other plays where you can see he puts the WR in a spot where the catch is just a bit more difficult than it should be.

It showed up in College, continues to show up w/ Saints. As I noted in my review of him, he's the type of QB that can thrive w/ a #1 WR, because they'll make each other look good. The #1 WR will catch some of his tougher throws, while Rattler will turn him into a guy who'll get his targets throughtout the game.

I feel like that's what he did w/ Xavier Legette

He needs work; I saw that in the JT''s video, but you clearly see the raw potential.

JT > Chase for this 3rd game video.

That said. Talent and good decision making are really nice in a rookie QB. There were so many balls behind WRs.

I happened to see this last night - I wasn't fully aware of his history. I think that some of the host's observations about the Saints are a bit misplaced but it's an interesting watch.

All I can say is I hope he is good in the scheme because in the day and age of NFL football, that's all that matters.

I happened to see this last night - I wasn't fully aware of his history. I think that some of the host's observations about the Saints are a bit misplaced but it's an interesting watch.

That was a pretty good watch. In fact I saw it prior to the 3rd game so I was paying attention to Rattler specifically after WR drops and you could see the visible frustration. It felt like he wasn't going back to them immediately after a big drop but I have no firm basis on that. I do recall somethign Drew would do after a drop is he'd go back to the player.

W/ that being said, I am a bit alarmed with the WR drops we saw through all the games/camp. Seemed like the ball was on the ground a good bit, I was expcting more from those guys following the addition of our WR coach

Receivers were injury riddled during camp. Had to be hard to try to build chemistry with a revolving door of receivers going in and out of the lineup throughout camp. Same goes for Haener. It was a tough preseason for both guys due to the circumstances.

Yeah the passes were catchable, but something I've seen from Rattler consistently is, his ball placement doesn't always make the catch "easy". And it works both ways, sometimes I feel like his WR's need to make plays. Like the low pass that AT Perry dropped. It's like, yo, your QB just stood int he pocket and got blasted, make the damn catch and bail him. Then there are other plays where you can see he puts the WR in a spot where the catch is just a bit more difficult than it should be.

It showed up in College, continues to show up w/ Saints. As I noted in my review of him, he's the type of QB that can thrive w/ a #1 WR, because they'll make each other look good. The #1 WR will catch some of his tougher throws, while Rattler will turn him into a guy who'll get his targets throughtout the game.

I feel like that's what he did w/ Xavier Legette
I still really likeHaener as a prospect. I think Haener is the type of player with his moxy and our skill guys being on the same page with him Haener. Haener is the guy that can see the back shoulder throw in the moment. Nuances like that. Once rapport is established DB position is here pass catcher expect the back shoulder. Plus with this install lot of misdirection and roll outs. He throws the best ball on the run.

Not sure where to post this vid for those interested. Speaks of Carr @ 11:50 (may want to move this to todays vids)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom