Jahri Evans and Reggie Bush Failed (1 Viewer)

BryanD

Gettin Closer
Reaction score
In the Jeff Duncan article, he wrote, "Payton never challenged the call, which resulted in a loss of 13 yards and a down. The play never would have happened, though, if the Saints hadn't blown a protection assignment. Linebacker Tavares Gooden blitzed through the A gap and Jahri Evans and Reggie Bush failed to pick him up, allowing him a clean path to Brees."

Does anyone think Sean Payton should consider hiring Jeff Duncan on his staff as one of the coaches?

In the Jeff Duncan article, he wrote, "Payton never challenged the call, which resulted in a loss of 13 yards and a down. The play never would have happened, though, if the Saints hadn't blown a protection assignment. Linebacker Tavares Gooden blitzed through the A gap and Jahri Evans and Reggie Bush failed to pick him up, allowing him a clean path to Brees."

Does anyone think Sean Payton should consider hiring Jeff Duncan on his staff as one of the coaches?

No. He'll tell you that himself.

I knew it was blown when the play happened. Does that qualify me to Coach in the NFL?

Just asking because I'd like the gig.:hihi:

Why? all he did was put on paper what we all saw. Bush completely failed to even slow down that guy and whats up with all the missed blocking assignments this year? Same five guys all year and all of last year and they still miss a lot of assignments.

I think the coaches would agree that they blew the assignment.

Pointing out something that is already obvious does not make you eligible to coach the Saints. So NO. I don' think they should give Jeff a coaching job.

May as well hire this guy:

Captain+Hindsight.png

No. He'll tell you that himself.

I should have turned on the sarcasm alert before I posted, but I wanted to show how some on this board get angry with one another when one points out that some players may or may not be playing up to their potential.

Obviously, it is Jeff's job to report what he sees on the field. He may have some of our repsect or maybe not. Ultimately, each player must execute and contribute on a consistent basis in order to perform at a winning level.

I can see where this is going already. I hope I am wrong.

Why? all he did was put on paper what we all saw. Bush completely failed to even slow down that guy and whats up with all the missed blocking assignments this year? Same five guys all year and all of last year and they still miss a lot of assignments.

LACK OF FOCUS

The guys, well some of them, seem to be coasting this year through the regular season in the hopes of turning it on in the playoffs.

I hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the rear. It's already going to cost us 2 home playoff games (potentially).

I can see where this is going already. I hope I am wrong.

I am not a player basher. I believe the coaches are ultimately responsible for the product they put on the field. Heck, Payton said in another article that he fully recognizes that Ray Rice is a great back, and the Ravens are a great defense...and, uh...

You should have heard the moans and groans when DeSean Jackson fumbled the ball on the last punt of the Phil/NY game at the bar I was watching this weekend's game...

Then to my shock and surprise, the moans turned into a cheering frenzy as Eagles fans celebrated the phenomenal feat of the punt returners streak to victory.

This game never ceases to amaze me, this week, nor the past 2183 weeks I've watched over my lifetime.

Duncan as coach? Is he even qualified to be the reporter?

This is a great thing to get the inside scoop and don't think for a second that it's not a vehicle for the team to let the world know who really screwed up so the coaches don't have to...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom