Johnathan Abram appears to be a liability (45 Viewers)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Does anyone know why he is still on the team? It seems like every week he is doing something boneheaded that you would expect out of a rookie, only he isn’t a rookie.

Is his defense really that good (to warrant keeping him on the team), or does he have photos on someone?

Does anyone know why he is still on the team? It seems like every week he is doing something boneheaded that you would expect out of a rookie, only he isn’t a rookie.

Is his defense really that good (to warrant keeping him on the team), or does he have photos on someone?
He's a backup who's always been vulnerable in coverage. He's a very poor man's Roman Harper.

He needs to get back to ripping the ball out. Our defense could at least TRY to force fumbles if they’re going to suck at tackling

He's not as much a liability as a necessity as Howden seems to be a disappointment. I guess too much stock was put into Howden winning the SS role. When that didn't happen the team had to sign vets Harris and Abram to be able to field a secondary. Looks like Safety will be a huge position of need this off-season.

Last edited:
There is a reason he was on our practice squad.

A 27 yr old, 6 year veteran, picked 27th in ROUND 1 is now relegated to hoping to latch on a teams practice squad.

That about sums up where we are, talent-wise, in some positions.

Shoot, we had JT GRay and Howden playing safety yesterday- JT GRAY- SP Teamer

This is a 2019 first round pick by the Raiders who got injured in his first game and missed his rookie season, and then lasted about 2 more seasons before they waived him.

He's already been cut twice by the Saints, but he's one of Loomis' back-of-the-roster revolving door depth guys. Now he's starting again and I think a cardboard cutout of him would do about as well.

The Saints have horrid depth because Loomis continues to give players on the wrong side of 30 bloated contracts, which doesn't give the team any flexibility to keep younger players.

Combine going after the wrong players with letting the young talent walk and not hitting on anything in the draft, and you have paper thin depth with the Saints having to pillage the scrap heap from loser teams.

The Saints have now become losers themselves because of poor leadership and decision making by ML and DA.

He's not as much a liability as a necessity as Howden seems to be a disappointment. I guess too much stock was put into Howden winning the SS role. When that didn't happen the team had sign vets Harris and Abram to be able to field a secondary. Looks like Safety will be a huge position of need this off-season.
This is my take as well. Howden isn't the answer and I have not been impressed with his play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom