Just saw Caleb Williams declined medical exam at combine (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
From the article:

"The NFL has for years gotten complaints from draft prospects about the length of time for medical examinations as well as the redundancy of having doctors from all teams examine the same player and ask the same (or similar) questions."

That actually seems like a legitimate complaint. It seems like there could be an independent medical evaluation done and provided to the teams for their review. If you want more in-depth medicals from your own doctors, bring the player in for a formal visit.

We don't ask them to do any of the other testing 32 times, once for each team.

I was a big fan of his game, but all the extra stuff is starting to turn me to the other side. Never been an LSU fan, so this is not coming from rose colored glasses, but Jayden Daniels to me is the top prospect in the draft. With all the extra stuff coming from Williams it would be very close, but if I’m an NFL team now I’m airing on the side of caution. Dudes got all the talent in the world but think he’s god a football field.

From the article:

"The NFL has for years gotten complaints from draft prospects about the length of time for medical examinations as well as the redundancy of having doctors from all teams examine the same player and ask the same (or similar) questions."

That actually seems like a legitimate complaint. It seems like there could be an independent medical evaluation done and provided to the teams for their review. If you want more in-depth medicals from your own doctors, bring the player in for a formal visit.

I agree it’s a legitimate complaint. There should be five or six recognized combine doctors that do a complete work up and release the results to the NFL teams. However, refusing to do it outright and refusing to release your records is a bit extreme.

I saw where Jayden Daniel’s and Malik Nabers aren’t even letting them take their height and weight measurements. Gonna have to wait for LSU pro day. I mean, height and weight?

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
I saw where Jayden Daniel’s and Malik Nabers aren’t even letting them take their height and weight measurements. Gonna have to wait for LSU pro day. I mean, height and weight?

A lot is riding on Daniels weight. If he gets closer to 220 than 210, it will silence some critics and a few extra weeks could help with that.

A lot is riding on Daniels weight. If he gets closer to 220 than 210, it will silence some critics and a few extra weeks could help with that.
Jayden not letting them do height and weight measurements? What is he hiding? Sounds like the next Ryan Leaf to me. Giving off huge bust vibes. Not even a first round guy in my expert opinion. He probably painted his nails once, which also means he's got a bad attitude(?) Or something. This unfortunately has to be stated on here but this is sarcasm.

Also refuses to release his medical history. Him and his dad are sounding like the Ball family of the NBA. Williams is giving me Josh Rosen/Ryan Leaf vibes.

He won't release his medical history to teams that won't draft him. He has already stated any of the teams he's interviewing him (top 1-3) will get his full medical history.

This is a complete non issue.

He won't release his medical history to teams that won't draft him. He has already stated any of the teams he's interviewing him (top 1-3) will get his full medical history.

It will be if he falls. He won't, but if he falls it could be an issue b/c now you'd have teams trying to decide if they want to draft him with no medicals.

Given the inexplicable Caleb Williams bust narrative that's pervaded on here the past month or so, it's the biggest deal in draft history. Throw him in jail!

I was a big fan of his game, but all the extra stuff is starting to turn me to the other side. Never been an LSU fan, so this is not coming from rose colored glasses, but Jayden Daniels to me is the top prospect in the draft. With all the extra stuff coming from Williams it would be very close, but if I’m an NFL team now I’m airing on the side of caution. Dudes got all the talent in the world but think he’s god a football field.
Plus he doesn't have an agent because NFL agents won't touch him. Apparently, Williams' father asked every agent they met with "how can we circumvent the rookie pay scale?"
Dudes not even in the NFLPA yet and he's already trying to break the collective bargaining agreement.
This on top of not beating UCLA his entire NFL career. I wouldn't sign him as an UDFA

From the article:

What? Do they have some other place they need to be or something better to do?

From the article:

The drills are all for show. The purpose of the combine is interviews and medical exams

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom