Lack of short term IR (1 Viewer)

rlemieux

Who Dat?
Reaction score
So, it’s all been beaten to death (and we have so many problems, this one may seem insignificant) but one thing that perplexes me more than anything with this front office and coaching staff is our inability or unwillingness to use short term IR. From Michael
Thomas (prior to real IR), Jarvis Landry and now Marshon Lattimore it is just perplexing. It’s caused us to loose a player like Murry (which is hurting more now with Ingram down). Am I missing something?

So, it’s all been beaten to death (and we have so many problems, this one may seem insignificant) but one thing that perplexes me more than anything with this front office and coaching staff is our inability or unwillingness to use short term IR. From Michael
Thomas (prior to real IR), Jarvis Landry and now Marshon Lattimore it is just perplexing. It’s caused us to loose a player like Murry (which is hurting more now with Ingram down). Am I missing something?
I see what you're saying. It may not be administrative decisions. It may be doctor recommendations that aren't lining up correctly, considering all the complaints and the state of NOLA top to bottom. Nothing they can do if their doc says they're not ready, while the player says they are.. (MTx2, ZW, etc.)

There is no such thing as short and/or long term IR! There is just the IR list and you can't be activated until you've been on it for 4 weeks. That's it. How is it that a 2nd person got this wrong?

There is no such thing as short and/or long term IR! There is just the IR list and you can't be activated until you've been on it for 4 weeks. That's it. How is it that a 2nd person got this wrong?
I understand the rule change but it’s essentially short term IR. I also understand that there’s a cap on players that can be brought back but I don’t see how we’ve allotted those spots already. I just can’t understand how it isn’t being utilized to at least some point (Penning is one). Are we really that bad at evaluating injuries that we’re holding roster spots for players that will continue to sit and take up valuable spots? Or are we at the point where there’s more players than I’ve realized that may be designated for return. I also understand that you need to keep a couple spots in your pocket and can’t spend all the house money right away.

The lack of roster spots due to whether players were placed on IR had nothing to do with Murray going to Denver.

Bad coaching/leadership.

maybe they were thinking disability.... lol

I understand the rule change but it’s essentially short term IR. I also understand that there’s a cap on players that can be brought back but I don’t see how we’ve allotted those spots already. I just can’t understand how it isn’t being utilized to at least some point (Penning is one). Are we really that bad at evaluating injuries that we’re holding roster spots for players that will continue to sit and take up valuable spots? Or are we at the point where there’s more players than I’ve realized that may be designated for return. I also understand that you need to keep a couple spots in your pocket and can’t spend all the house money right away.
Again, there is no short term IR! Get that out of your head. It's all the same and there's only one list, it's called IR. If you're on it for more than 4 weeks, then you stay on it. You don't get transferred to a different one.

Again, there is no short term IR! Get that out of your head. It's all the same and there's only one list, it's called IR. If you're on it for more than 4 weeks, then you stay on it. You don't get transferred to a different one.
Some on this board are getting very hard to tolerate. Get it through my head. Dude, if only. I don’t think you understand the rules. Beyond that you’re a prick. 4 weeks isn’t a limit so you might want to type a little less aggressive.

Per NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo, the NFL and NFLPA agreed to amended IR rules during the 2022 offseason. Each team can now designate up to eight players to return from the Reserve/Injured or Non-Football Injury/Illness List. Each player may be designated to return twice in one season. However, both designations will tally toward the limit of eight. Players must remain on this list for at least four games prior to returning to the active roster. Teams can begin to designate players to return on August 31 this season

Some on this board are getting very hard to tolerate. Get it through my head. Dude, if only. I don’t think you understand the rules. Beyond that you’re a prick. 4 weeks isn’t a limit so you might want to type a little less aggressive.

Per NFL Network Insider Mike Garafolo, the NFL and NFLPA agreed to amended IR rules during the 2022 offseason. Each team can now designate up to eight players to return from the Reserve/Injured or Non-Football Injury/Illness List. Each player may be designated to return twice in one season. However, both designations will tally toward the limit of eight. Players must remain on this list for at least four games prior to returning to the active roster. Teams can begin to designate players to return on August 31 this season
And NONE of that says that there is a short term version of IR unlike what you were just saying.

And NONE of that says that there is a short term version of IR unlike what you were just saying.
Can you just not get the concept of short term IR even though it technically is just IR? Doesn’t change the fact that you’re still a prick also doesn’t change the fact that you have absolutely no idea of what you’re talking about and just spouting off nonsense on a random Internet post again some posters are intolerable and it’s getting hard to maintain composure and follow board rules. I’m not much of a talker but again your concept of what the rules were completely wrong and you’d rather be a prick on an Internet board. So keep being a prick as long as you’re behind that keyboard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom