Let’s talk positives (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Enough with the negativity and narcissistic behavior

We’ve plenty to be proud of going forward

1. Down 2 starters , on the road , constantly being thrown in bad spot after bad spot. Offense a perpetual no show. Refs letting offense push off , calling everything on the defense , and we still didn’t give up 20 points on defense! That’s ridiculous, that’s all time level great.

2. Our receivers are the greatest group of receivers I’ve ever seen. At times not even Pete Carmichael can stop them from being amazing.

3. AK is back and is sorely missed. We need a sure fire check down , we need a spark , we need Kamara to occupy these linebackers attention so our QB can go to work.

4. Despite the painful embarrassing defeat, we DO HAVE ALL THE PARTS to fix the car. Everything is in the garage.

5. Mike Thomas is healthy and looks to be back up to his old tricks.

6. Jimmy Graham has plenty left in the tank. Not sure why Green Bay or Seattle couldn’t get him to perform , but he’s making plays in our offense !

7. Carl Granderson is our second chance at righting the Trey Hendrickson wrong.

8. Bryan Bresee is a baller!

9. We can quickly overwhelm teams. We get up on folks fast ( Literally everyone of our games ) , but need to develop the offensive scheme to burn out the clock.

10. If we end up sucking this year , This is a historically great year for Prospective QBs in the upcoming draft.

1. Down 2 starters , on the road , constantly being thrown in bad spot after bad spot. Offense a perpetual no show. Refs letting offense push off , calling everything on the defense , and we still didn’t give up 20 points on defense! That’s ridiculous, that’s all time level great.

2. Our receivers are the greatest group of receivers I’ve ever seen. At times not even Pete Carmichael can stop them from being amazing.

3. AK is back and is sorely missed. We need a sure fire check down , we need a spark , we need Kamara to occupy these linebackers attention so our QB can go to work.

4. Despite the painful embarrassing defeat, we DO HAVE ALL THE PARTS to fix the car. Everything is in the garage.

6. Jimmy Graham has plenty left in the tank. Not sure why Green Bay or Seattle couldn’t get him to perform , but he’s making plays in our offense !

9. We can quickly overwhelm teams. We get up on folks fast ( Literally everyone of our games ) , but need to develop the offensive scheme to burn out the clock.

10. If we end up sucking this year , This is a historically great year for Prospective QBs in the upcoming draft.
Good post and yes, we have the parts in the garage.... but our mechanic is incompetent.

*on the road for the 2nd of back-to-back games and on short rest

I'm genuinely a positive guy but this loss bothered me because of several reasons. Even with a stagnant offense, we had a considerable lead, but the flags stated coming out to make the game close, we lost our QB for a time when we were waiting for AK to get back next week, our o-line issues have BEEN OBVIOUS FOR WEEKS...YEARS EVEN AND THERE IS NO END IN SIGHT, the defense can't consistently take this load, and our kicker missed a kick he should make. To be up 17 in the fourth and absolutely know in your heart of hearts that this team can very easily find a way to blow it and lo and behold...

It's just SO INCREDIBLY frustrating watching the Saints do stereotypically Saints of yore things. Even with all of that, listed above WE STILL COULD HAVE and perhaps SHOULD HAVE won this game and been 3-0, starting to get a stranglehold on the division. The double whammy of losing the game and your starting QB is infuriating. I was IMMEDIATELY brought to the game against the Patriots when Vilma intercepted a pass and it looked like we were about to go 5-0 but lost in the last second, even though the ref was watching Cam Jordan getting held more than a newborn baby preventing him from sacking Brady. Ughhhh. Then later that season when we needed the refs to give him the Brady treatment, they allowed the Panthers D to maul his receivers, and they lost the game. Just so sick and tired of the Saints being on the short end of the stick.

But our WR core talent, along with Shaheed makes me smile. So, I feel your point. The good news is that the Panthers and the Falcons lost, and hopefully the Eagles take care of the Bucs tonight. This is just starting to feel all too familiar like an uphill climb.

But like a poster above said, it's week 3 and there's a lot of football left. 🤞

1. Down starters mean nothing when GB was down RB1, WR1, CB1, LT1, etc. Think about that for a moment.
2. Agreed unfortunately Pete will try his best to stop them.
3. AK back will be huge.
4. Depends on if you believe our OLine is terrible because the lack of talent. Hard to fix guys who suck.
5.Cantguardmike
6. No he does not. You guys need to seriously temper your expectations of him. Anything over 300 yards and 3-4 TDs would be a miracle.
7. Granderson getting absolutely taken out the game by their backup LT has me worried.
8.MAYBE our best pass rusher. The impact our rush has with him on the field vs off is comical. He will be very, very good.
9. Can we though?
10. Carr just signed for 4(?) years. I'd imagine unless we get the 1 overall pick(fire literally everyone) we would go best OLine available.

1. Down starters mean nothing when GB was down RB1, WR1, CB1, LT1, etc. Think about that for a moment.
They were able to gameplan for them being out. Losing your starting QB mid-game for what looked like the season is a stupid easy way to take the wind out of a team's sails.
3. AK back will be huge.
Bigger than I think many realize. This means they can't blitz (as much.) as Carr now has a trustworthy escape valve that can make people miss. Much like how Brees used him.
6. No he does not. You guys need to seriously temper your expectations of him. Anything over 300 yards and 3-4 TDs would be a miracle.
That's still something in the tank.
7. Granderson getting absolutely taken out the game by their backup LT has me worried.
He was getting obvious pressure in the first half. Much like everything in the second half, it sort of fell off. A mix of just being deflated (I mean, even DD, who rarely misses tackles, completely whiffed on tackling Love.) and gassed.
9. Can we though?
I think we can. Depends on how quickly this OLine shapes up, if they do at all.
10. Carr just signed for 4(?) years. I'd imagine unless we get the 1 overall pick(fire literally everyone) we would go best OLine available.
If that happens, I trade back with team who wants the #1 and probably grab Marvin Harrison Jr., then trade back up for an OLineman.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom