Little to no work for $100k with free villa on a tropical paradise with no qualifications needed sound good? [MERGED] (2 Viewers)

zorro37

Cha-Champs
Reaction score
Didn't think so:idunno:
Tourism officials in Australia are describing it as "the best job in the world".
They want someone to work on a tropical island off the Queensland coast.
No formal qualifications are needed but candidates must be willing to swim, snorkel, dive and sail.
In return, the successful applicant will receive a salary of A$150,000 ($103,000, £70,000) for six months and get to live rent-free in a three-bedroom villa, complete with pool. <!-- E SF -->
Feeding fish
<!-- S IBOX -->
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="231"> <tbody><tr> <td width="5">
o.gif
</td> <td class="sibtbg">
start_quote_rb.gif
We need a special person. They are going to be pretty busy having a good time
end_quote_rb.gif

Anthony Hayes, Chief Executive, Tourism Queensland

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- E IBOX --> Anthony Hayes, Chief Executive, Tourism Queensland, said: "It doesn't sound too bad does it? We are looking for someone to tell the stories of the Great Barrier Reef and we have come up with what we think is the dream job."
The post is being advertised as "caretaker" on Hamilton Island in Australia's Whitsunday Islands.
The new recruit will work for just 12 hours a month. Duties include feeding some of the hundreds of species of fish and collecting the island's mail.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7823812.stm

questions how much of it is feeding the great whites

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy....

I submitted my video yesterday. So long, suckers.

I'm offering to build a strip club on the island with my earnings...

Eat it suckers...

Joe

this is even going around my workplace in Maryland. They are going to get millions of applications.

The pecan Island board of tourism tried this years ago, dude got eaten by an alligator gar.... <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Looks like they're not getting enough applicants: :hihi:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/01/14/09/rush-best-job-world-crashes-australian-website

"We've been inundated, with around 300,000 people visiting the site yesterday," said a spokeswoman for the Queensland state government, which is offering the six-month post of "island caretaker".
"The website crashed -- in one hour alone 25,000 people were trying to visit -- but we're working on it and it should be up and running again later today," Nicole McNaughton told AFP.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom