Mickey Loomis gets 200th Win as Saints GM (1 Viewer)

SonOfNOLA

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It’s been a rocky ‘21-‘23 but I appreciate Loomis as Saints GM. He’s made a lot of successful, necessary personnel moves happen when it looked like it couldn’t. His words in media interviews may seem too overly patient to us as fans during a tough season. But he’s maintained a great workplace and, overall, winning environment for the Saints org for the past 2 decades he’s been GM.

Last edited:
And looking at the others on the list, he may be a sneaky candidate for the Hall.
Loomis, Payton, and Brees May all get in.

Man just watched the Saints locker room. Man as bad as we think it is these guys still all love and play for eachother. I’m proud of my Saints!

51 away from beating Schramm
Don’t think he’ll get 51 with his boy DA at the helm. That would take what, 5 wins a year, times ten years. Oh wait, factor in a tough, normal schedule … Just saying

And looking at the others on the list, he may be a sneaky candidate for the Hall.
Loomis, Payton, and Brees May all get in.
200 wins (and counting), a SB win, and identifying a HOF HC & HOF QB for a 7 division title, 9 ten+-win season run is HOF worthy.

Loomis made a lot happen to keep the Payton-Brees machine running for a lot of playoff runs, after hiring both. Regardless of the team’s perception right now, about 3 or 4 more playoff seasons under Loomis should happen in the next 5 years before he probably retires as GM around then.

What is Mickey's record post Sean?

I really don't think he inherited a better roster in Denver than DA did here, and with one less yr to get it all together.

With the Broncos (7/6) , Sean has won 6 of the last 7 games beating GB, KC, Bills, Vik's, BRN's and Chargers.

You guys really still believe in Mickey's genius. Michael went to Denver, and we got stuck w/ Fredo.

Here we are looking suspect beating the worst team in the NFL.

People don't realize what a great GM he really is.

So many people want him sheetcanned, and he's a legitimate HOF candidate.

How far we have come that our floor playing .500 football and in playoff contention late in the season is not good enough and we want to fire everyone.

We used to say "as long as we sweep the falcons" and we prayed to be able to squeeze into the playoffs as a wild card, but now we deem the team not worthy and should be torn apart and everyone fired, if we dont win every game 1000-0.

What short memories we have.

Well deserved.

Although, Im a little stunned why his photo list has a picture with him drafting Johnathan Sullivan as it wasnt one of his best moves in retrospect.

As for the HoF that is an interesting postulate. Although of those on the list above him only Bill Polian and Tex are in the HoF specifically as a GM. What is interesting to me though is that they fairly recently separated Contributor/Coach into its own voting distinction for the HoF, and that makes this possibility rather plausible if that process still holds when he is nominated which technically could happen at any time (ie. as a non-coach/player he doesnt have to retire to get into the HoF).

Don’t think he’ll get 51 with his boy DA at the helm. That would take what, 5 wins a year, times ten years. Oh wait, factor in a tough, normal schedule … Just saying
Actually Loomis has seven years less than Sschramm so he could average about 7 wins to tie him in that same timeframe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom