Multiplayer issues with BF3 (1 Viewer)

ASaintFerLife

A Shining light of Truth
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I wasnt sure to post this under the BF3 thread already created, but this is more a tech issue then a game playing issue.

Ok I have been having this problem since I bought BF3 again over the holidays that included the game and the premium pack all in 1 for $40 bucks, a good deal for sure.

But since I started playing again on multiplayer, when I am in the game for 30min or more my connection will drop and actually reset my cable modem and give me a lost connection message.

This does not happen in BLOPS 2 or Halo 4 Multiplayer with hours of gaming.

I have searched google and found a couple things, made a couple changes in my router, but no go.

I currently rent a cable modem, I usually own my own, but I might buy a Motorolla cable modem to see if that will fix the issue.

My current cable Modem from Knology is a Arris docsis 3.0.

If anyone out there has any suggestions to fix this issue I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks!

we need to know what system so we can appropriately belittle your gaming preferences

i haven't had any issues on the PS3 with BF3...i have been playing almost every day for the past few weeks

so, you are probably doing it wrong

i used my ps3 to watch the lotr trilogy. oh and rocky.

I wasnt sure to post this under the BF3 thread already created, but this is more a tech issue then a game playing issue.

Ok I have been having this problem since I bought BF3 again over the holidays that included the game and the premium pack all in 1 for $40 bucks, a good deal for sure.

But since I started playing again on multiplayer, when I am in the game for 30min or more my connection will drop and actually reset my cable modem and give me a lost connection message.

This does not happen in BLOPS 2 or Halo 4 Multiplayer with hours of gaming.

I have searched google and found a couple things, made a couple changes in my router, but no go.

I currently rent a cable modem, I usually own my own, but I might buy a Motorolla cable modem to see if that will fix the issue.

My current cable Modem from Knology is a Arris docsis 3.0.

If anyone out there has any suggestions to fix this issue I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Happens to me too. I lose connection to EA during games quite a bit. I think it's on their end.

Happens to me too. I lose connection to EA during games quite a bit. I think it's on their end.

I have come to agree with you, I dont think it is my cable modem at all, this never happens with hours of gameplay in both blops 2 and halo 4 as I mentioned previously.

I have been searching google like crazy and found a couple helpfull tips, like disable upnp, put xbox 360 ip addy into a DMZ, and port fowarding.

I will be trying those tonight to see if it helps any. I thought about doing a fresh install but other then the disconnects the game runs fine.

I know all dont have these issues even those that maybe havent even tweeked their router settings, but this is crazy.

I enjoy this game, so hopefully I can get this fixed.

Thanks

I play it on PS3, but haven't played in about a month or so. I'll try to get on tonight and see if it's affecting things on my side as well.

I play it quiet a bit also but every now and then I get kicked out of a game. It's usually the high ticket games that last 30-45 mins though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom