N/S Phil Taylor NT, Baylor (1 Viewer)

WhoDat?DrewDat

Jimmy Graham #1 Fan
Reaction score
Baylor+v+Missouri+x2y2PdMXWtHl.jpg

Wow he was a man among boys at the senior bowl. The dude is 6-4 340lbs and plays like hes 200lbs. Hes a MONSTER and would free up some lanes for Ellis if we got him. He anchors the line and just pushed the Oline stright backwards. Wouldent mind if we move up our 2nd rounder to pick him up.

Baylor+v+Missouri+x2y2PdMXWtHl.jpg

Wow he was a man among boys at the senior bowl. The dude is 6-4 340lbs and plays like hes 200lbs. Hes a MONSTER and would free up some lanes for Ellis if we got him. He anchors the line and just pushed the Oline stright backwards. Wouldent mind if we move up our 2nd rounder to pick him up.

He is probably going to be a first rounder...I was hoping he wouldn't flash...but he held his ground or pushed the double team all day.

He is probably going to be a first rounder...I was hoping he wouldn't flash...but he held his ground or pushed the double team all day.

Im not sold on first round talent, there are to many other good players, I see early to mid 2nd. I hope we use one of our 3rds to move up and get em.

He has a good combine and their is no way he is their in the 2nd...It's really kind of comical, go to 10 or 15 team boards and everyone wants in the second and some in the late first.

This ain't N/S, player.

This is DEFINITELY Saints related.

meh... He did ok. No one impressed me today outside of Miller and Kerrigan.

If you're going by sacks or stops, then no. But I saw him constantly pushing his man back, especially when he came off the snap. The initial jolt he puts into the guard or center he's over is very nice. He rarely got beat by anything short of a double team. Just what this team needs.

If he shows up at the combine like he looks like he will, he'll be a mid-late first round pick.

Im not sold on first round talent, there are to many other good players, I see early to mid 2nd. I hope we use one of our 3rds to move up and get em.

I do too. I see Linval Joseph all over again. Joseph is a guy who had a meteoric rise and some thought he would land into the first round. He ended up going mid-second, which was much higher than his earlier fourth round grade he was given by some draft analysts going into the off-season. I think Taylor is a similar guy. A lot of times, you have guys who play at schools that do not get as much national attention, which means that a lot of the arm-chair draft analysts (not referencing this board but I am speaking to a lot of the people with these online websites who are actually relying upon second hand information) don't know enough about them. So it takes a minute before a guy begins to show up on the radar. I tend to believe, though, that Taylor is a second rounder at this point. And if he's there, I would not mind at all moving up to grab him. But I think taking him at #24 would be a colossal reach.

I don't see how moving up in the second with the extra 3rd would make sense?
You end up losing a pick out of the deal.
Those 4 first 3 round picks are great.
Just take him in the first if he is there.
Also I agree Kerrigan looked good but Taylor was pushing the O-Line back.

If he shows up at the combine..... he's gone by the time we pick.

I don't see how moving up in the second with the extra 3rd would make sense?
You end up losing a pick out of the deal.
Those 4 first 3 round picks are great.
Just take him in the first if he is there.
Also I agree Kerrigan looked good but Taylor was pushing the O-Line back.

How does it not make sense? We take a guy like Watt in the first, then trade up to get Taylor. That's 2 impact players along your d-line for 3 picks. I'd take that over 1 impact player, and 2 decent guys, and one of them could be relegated to special teams.

One thing is for sure...he is no terrence cody or Cam Thomas of 2010. I'd have to agree with 60 minutes that he'll likely be a second rounder. Even there I'd rather have Marvin austin at 3 tech while moving ellis to Nose or Jarvis Jenkins at NT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom