N/S Commanders buys land in middle of nowhere Virginia for their new stadium.Update: Virginia backs out of the deal. (2 Viewers)

Why aren't they looking into buying the land where RFK stadium is and building a new stadium there? It's going to be demolished this year from what I'm reading
It's federal land. So, you got to get congress to approve on anything. They probably won't fund it either. Which is going to be another problem with Virginia offering $400 million to build their new stadium.

It's federal land. So, you got to get congress to approve on anything. They probably won't fund it either. Which is going to be another problem with Virginia offering $400 million to build their new stadium.
From what I remember, DC refused to negotiate with Snyder until the name was changed. Maybe that’s changed since they’re the Commanders now.

Far from the middle of nowhere. One of the fastest growing regions in the country. 30 minutes from DC. It is exploratory though. Doubt VA will support a stadium.
Maybe 30 minutes with no traffic from the center of DC. Granted, alot of the the wealthier fans are in Northern Virginia but would actually probably still prefer DC than Woodbridge, especially in the western part. Then you have all the fans in Maryland. Metro doesn't run that far - only gets you out to Springfield. Granted, most games Sunday so traffic maybe doesn't matter so much, but I grew up in western Fairfax County and whenever we had to go to Woodbridge it was always an uggh moment.

The Capitals moved back into district and I think it was partially responsible for reinvigorating the franchise. The Nationals also chose to build the new stadium downtown and most fans enjoy that experience and would prefer the stadium be in DC, or at most Alexandria/Arlington. Both of those stadiums are easily accessible from Metro.

Hoodbridge is already planning to redevelop that area (much needed for a long time).

Novel idea, how about the Commanders play in their own **** city! Fix the RFK debacle instead of spreading your cancer to the entire DMV.
Please stop as a former Virginia resident, I stayed there 8 years. Woodbridge is an awesome city and this is not bad, this way people won't have to go into DC because of the traffic. The closer the stadium is the VA Beach the better seeing that is where majority of you Cowboy, I mean Commander fans dwell.

TIL Prince William County is in the "middle of nowhere." Lived there several years in the 90s, 2000's, and about to move back (planning to live just south of Woodbridge). Never viewed it as "middle of nowhere," and now more than ever that area is becoming increasingly developed. It's within easy commuting distance of D.C. and is probably way more affordable for all parties involved than playing in Maryland or D.C.

Just a reminder as it stands now they don't even play in D.C.

Far from the middle of nowhere. One of the fastest growing regions in the country. 30 minutes from DC. It is exploratory though. Doubt VA will support a stadium.

There's people that need to hear this. 30 minutes from the city on GameDay is the middle of no where. People don't think it's a big deal until you actually have to do it repeatedly.

Woodbridge?

OMG.

That stretch of 395/95 is miserable. Also a giant traffic jam on weekends.

Clearly the dumbest franchise in history.

It is, I can attest, it would take MD WFT fans hours and hours to get to the game. It is one of the very worst traffic areas now....

that said it could be a leverage buy and it was certainly timed as there is about to be more bad news for Danny boy and there is some talk about the owners possibly holding a vote to oust him from the NFL....

Woodbridge?

OMG.

That stretch of 395/95 is miserable. Also a giant traffic jam on weekends.

Clearly the dumbest franchise in history.
The. Worst. Driving. Experience.

Horrible choice, add 75k fans to that god-awful traffic? Brilliant.

They built the Cowboys stadium in Arlington. Isn't exactly a crown jewel of a location.

Bear in mind, all this is arguing over a stadium location to watch the team owned by Daniel Snyder. All of them ****.

From what I remember, DC refused to negotiate with Snyder until the name was changed. Maybe that’s changed since they’re the Commanders now.
It's such a waste of an amazing site right now. I really don't know why its taking so long for the other owners to oust Snyder like they did with Richardson. If he's out of the equation, there would actually be a chance of them moving back to DC. But not as it is now. Snyder is probably the only person in the DC area with a lower approval rate than congress.

The. Worst. Driving. Experience.

Horrible choice, add 75k fans to that god-awful traffic? Brilliant.
Add that to the "mixing bowl" Springfield interchange and that sounds like a nightmare.

I lived in Dale City and Woodbridge from 1988 - 2000 and that is my old stomping ground as a teenager and young adult. Haven't been back in that area in 12 years at least.
Not sure what the condition of those areas are today, but I DONT miss that traffic, like gouge my eyes out to ever spend another min of my life driving in it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom