New Motorcycle Yamaha Raider 1900 (1 Viewer)

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok so last summer I purchased a Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700. I've decided that all the bags etc just aren't my thing so I started looking at new bikes. Today I ran into this exact bike. It is a Yamaha Raider 1900. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this bike?

2011_Yamaha_Raider_XV1900_hight_performance_wallpaper2.jpg

I currently ride a Suzuki M50 and need a bigger bike. The Raider is currently second on my short list to the Victory High Ball. I haven't riden either yet but from all of the reviews I've read it is a great bike. If you get some seat time on one let us know what you think.

i loved my vstar. yamaha makes very solid bikes.

raider.jpg
Well here is my new bike. I picked it up Tuesday night. I absolutely love it!

Sweet!

raider.jpg

You're going to need:

windshield, foot rests on front wheel, sissy bar for the babe (she can't lean forward pressing breasts against you all day), somewhere for her feet, after market larger front wheel fender (that one is way too small). Other than that, I really like it. You can never add too much chrome.

I don't like windshields, no passengers, I want less chrome, I like the blacked out look. A little chrome is nice though.

Now I'm starting to pine again for my 1977 Kawasaki KZ1000 with big-bore kit (1075cc), carb jet kit and turnout exhaust pipes. No windshield, no bags, just bike.

I have a Yamaha roadliner with the exact same engine. The big air cooled engine is great. I looked at the raider, but it's more of a cool show bike. If you add a windshield, and bags, you really mess up the whole look. The suspension Isn't made for long rides. If you want a cool bike, it's the one, if you want to cruise, look at a roadliner. Try to find a great looking after market seat. Yamaha seats are like bricks on long rides.

I have a Yamaha roadliner with the exact same engine. The big air cooled engine is great. I looked at the raider, but it's more of a cool show bike. If you add a windshield, and bags, you really mess up the whole look. The suspension Isn't made for long rides. If you want a cool bike, it's the one, if you want to cruise, look at a roadliner. Try to find a great looking after market seat. Yamaha seats are like bricks on long rides.
But I thought you just said that this bike isn't for long rides....

btw, nice ride, Semper. Good luck with it!

But I thought you just said that this bike isn't for long rides....

btw, nice ride, Semper. Good luck with it!

I don't think it is made for very long rides, but that doesn't mean he cant improve the ride if he can find an "ultimate seat" or "mustang seat" , You can improve any motorcycle ride 100% by adding an ultimate seat. I love my bike, but I think the raider is the best looking non-custom bike ever made. If I didn't do "all day rides" and ride on the interstate, I'd have bought the raider. That's one cool machine. The point I was trying to make is I had a tough time picking between a raider and a roadliner. I picked the liner because I wanted a windshield and hard bags.

raider.jpg

Semper, how's the bike treating ya'? She's a looker.

Have you murdered it out any, as you mentioned you may do a few posts up? I have an all black, murdered out, V Star that I'm in the process of trying to figure out if I want to add some paint. I've done a whole slew of things making just about the entire bike black, now thinking about doing a custom paint job on the tin. Not sure yet though.

Ride safe!

Edit: Not in love with the sound on these pipes, but ehre's a vid of your bike with some ceramic coated black pipes, looks pretty knarley----> http://youtu.be/12OKRZBVKiw

Here's one with black pipes....beautiful, IMO.-----> http://youtu.be/ZplVuT05PI8

Semper, how's the bike treating ya'? She's a looker.

Have you murdered it out any, as you mentioned you may do a few posts up? I have an all black, murdered out, V Star that I'm in the process of trying to figure out if I want to add some paint. I've done a whole slew of things making just about the entire bike black, now thinking about doing a custom paint job on the tin. Not sure yet though.

Ride safe!

Edit: Not in love with the sound on these pipes, but ehre's a vid of your bike with some ceramic coated black pipes, looks pretty knarley----> Yamaha Raven Raider with Fuggin S-4 Exhaust - YouTube

Here's one with black pipes....beautiful, IMO.-----> Custom Yamaha Raider 11-11-11 - YouTube

Sweet looking bike and pipes. I haven't done anything to it yet except to ride it. I did purchase a switchblade chopped windshield for longer rides. So far it works pretty nice. Most of the time no windshield though. My first thing I I want to do is get some similar looking pipes as those in that second video.

Sweet looking bike and pipes. I haven't done anything to it yet except to ride it. I did purchase a switchblade chopped windshield for longer rides. So far it works pretty nice. Most of the time no windshield though. My first thing I I want to do is get some similar looking pipes as those in that second video.

I ride the Causeway everyday there's not a high chance of rain or crazy wind and I can tell you, it's hard not investing in a windshield. I'm still young and stubborn, so I won't be getting it anytime soon, but I get closer than the day before as each day passes.

Nice looking bike I don't think anybody makes crappy bikes anymore so it's all what you need or want from your bike.
I went from a Vulcan to a Victory TC and I love it smoothest bike I've ever owned or ridden. I wanted hard bags though so the Vic is perfect for me, now all I need is the fairing I've been eying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom