No love for MY MAIN MAN, #84, ML! [NOTE: Now has NYT story link] (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
Lots of talk around the bobble-headed NFL pundits about the Special Teams of Chicageax for obvious reasons, hester's had a strong year for sure and there has been a lot made of Drew's recovery and DEUCE's recovery both from sever injuries and surgeries yet I haven't heard ONE WORD about Michael Lewis' story from the obscurity angle of his even being IN the League to that of his injury and surgery and then of his strong and remarkable recovery! We've had three MAJOR positions surgicaqaly rebuilt to perform once again at the highest level of professonal sports!

Where is that story? Why has Michael's contribution of great field position been lost amoungst all of the "Gross-out-man" stuff, the bears defense and then of course the "incredible" hester story and the (of course I'm happy to hear and read about DEUCE and Drew) stories of #'s 9 & 26 yet no mention of #84!

I'm here to spread the love Michael's way to let him know I'VE been watching and noticing just how significant his contribuitions have helped the TEAM with great establishing field position to shorten the field and keeping opponents penned back into their own end of the field! I believe the eaglettes didn't cross the 50 unitl the second half or something crazy like that! Man, THAT is a strong positive for The SAINTS! Never one to grab for the spotlight , ML , the beautiful #84 , is a huge story and I'm certain that if The SAINTS earn their right to The DANCE, there WILL be much mention of just what Michael means to The New Orleans SAINTS!

Look out Chicageaux! The SAINTS Are Coming and Michael Lewis is leading the way!

It's a fair question, but the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league. ML hasn't scored TDs this year, so he isn't right on the tips of their tongues..

No, I completely agree that Beerman has had a ridiculous comeback year, considering his story, his age, his injury, and how all of those things could have easily prevented a person from making it in the league.

i hear ya lewis has been great this year. It's one of the many reasons our O has been rockin since he came back.

No, I completely agree that Beerman has had a ridiculous comeback year, considering his story, his age, his injury, and how all of those things could have easily prevented a person from making it in the league.

His age isn't really a factor because his career started so late, and he isn't an every play guy. Football wise, he's probably closer to 29, and he hasn't lost much of a step either.

He'll give them something to talk about Sunday. I feel it.

His age isn't really a factor because his career started so late, and he isn't an every play guy. Football wise, he's probably closer to 29, and he hasn't lost much of a step either.

He'll give them something to talk about Sunday. I feel it.

I agree with you here, not to mention the fact that his playing is self evident. He doesn't go down easily or show signs of diminished play. I think the injury slowed him down at first, and now we're seeing what full-strength michael lewis.

I agree, he has pretty much been overlooked this week. Surprising actually, because while he may not have took one to the house, he has been giving us excellent field position. Especially late in the season.

Mike is one of my all-time favorites. His contribution since returning this year has been phenomenal. He gives great field position on every return. He's gonna take one to the house tomorrow -- he's due!!

No love?

No love at all. Just an article about him in the <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/21/sports/football/21saints.html">New York Times</a>.

Lewis is a more consistent return man. Hester has been pretty much all or nothing. And he has had some really horrendous fumbles on kick and especially punt returns (simple bonehead plays). Hester has been almost as much a liability on special teams as he has been an asset.

Lately, Lewis has gotten us between the 35 and 40 almost every time. I'll take that any day of the week.

Lately, Lewis has gotten us between the 35 and 40 almost every time. I'll take that any day of the week.

Absolutely. He seems to consistently take kickoffs back to the 30 or 40 yard line..
Sure would like to see him take one back for a TD today.. or two or three :)

:gosaints:

Obviously The NYTs saw my thread and decided to do something about it!

So glad to see and thanks for that link! That movie about the filthydephia guy was a rip off but I think it was a true story yet ML's is THE story for the ages of a (not a young man mind you either !) man who needed to seek his dream and not only achieve it but surpass those who trained all their lives for it! #84 has God given talent and that's WHY he can do what he does after virtually NO football training up until his SAINTS tenure.

I love the little guy and he will always be a BEAST in my mind and heart! Let's ROCK today BEERMAN! Let the whole damn WORLD know your story today!

#84 goes all the way and could be the very reason we geaux to The SUPERBOWL!

The sports pundits are only giving us air time because they have to, not because they actually believe we have a chance. All week they've been trying to fire up the Bears by making it look like they were favoring us. They are lying. They want us to lose, and they want us to lose BIG cause we've made them look bad all year. Sorry fellas, it ain't gonna happen. TODAY IS OUR DAY! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom