Number 1 and 2 seed question.. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
If the number 1 seed loses in the 2nd/3rd round, does the number 2 seed get to host the NFCCG (assuming that they make it to the championship game)?

Travis

Yes. The higher seed remaining of the final two NFC teams hosts the NFC championship game.

Sweet.. that's what I thought, but I had to double check. So, there's still a chance that we could host the game (if we make it that far), and GB loses at some point.

Travis

If the Packers lose in the Divisional round, the Saints will have home field throught

If the Packers lose in the Divisional round, the Saints will have home field throught

:nono:

If the #1 seed loses in the Divisional round, the winner of the Divisional round with the highest remaining seed will host the Championship game.

Nothing has been decided yet, San Francisco is still alive for the #1 seed.

:nono:

If the #1 seed loses in the Divisional round, the winner of the Divisional round with the highest remaining seed will host the Championship game.

Nothing has been decided yet, San Francisco is still alive for the #1 seed.

That's right! But a Packers victory this weekend against Kansas City secures the #1 seed for Green Bay. The Saints can only get as high as the #2 seed. To get that, they would have to have a better overall record than San Francisco.

That's right! But a Packers victory this weekend against Kansas City secures the #1 seed for Green Bay. The Saints can only get as high as the #2 seed. To get that, they would have to have a better overall record than San Francisco.

Right. So I should have said:

At this point, three things have been decided. The Packers will get a first-round bye. The Whiners are hosting a playoff game. The Saints are in the playoffs. That's all that's been decided so far.

:hihi:

EDIT: Oh, wait. The Sucs, Kitties, 'Skins, Lambs, and Queens are all eliminated from the playoffs. That's been decided, too. :9:

:smilielol:

This. Although, I'm not convinced that Green Bay will have an advantage as far as field conditions when we go up there. They are more pass reliant than we are.

our Oline is much better than when we first played + any sloppy condition slows down their edge rushers
SP has fuigured out the rb rotation (and ingram is running smarter)

plus i don't think i'm the only one who anticipates GB hitting a big wall
i think their "super bowl hangover (i know, i know) was delayed by the lockout, but it's coming

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom