Our Oline needs to step it up (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
If we wanna repeat, our Oline needs to start playing to its fullest potential.

Its time that they start doing better in all phases.

If we wanna repeat, our Oline needs to start playing to its fullest potential.

Its time that they start doing better in all phases.

Totally agree. I blame the O line for both of Brees's int. They were horrible all night.Definitely the weak point of our offense.:angryrazz:

I have a feeling Charles Brown will be our starting LT next season.

Totally agree. I blame the O line for both of Brees's int. They were horrible all night.Definitely the weak point of our offense.:angryrazz:

Not horrible all night. The last drive of 90 yards they did a good job for the most part.
And why do we have these "captain obvious" threads all the time? Do posters think we don't watch the game?

I will to some extent disagree with this thread. A lot of those plays the Falcons sent numbers meaning more then we were protecting with. OR overloaded one side and forced 4 on 3 situations. Not saying they played great but they also did not play pathetic. Some would say that Bushrod had a bad game but those false starts were real close and were a timing thing off of Goodwins head twist thing and in a hostile inviroment it happens! The announcers even said that it was Bushrods fault on the screen that Abraham picked because he didnt hit abraham??? What Jon was lined up 5 yards outside expecting the screen that is on brees for not checking out or at least faking the pass to get him off of his feet and then making the throw. We won all that included you blitz brees you lose!!

Bushrod decided to deal with Abraham by ignoring him and not so much as patting him on the back as he opened the turnstyle and let him by...Saw two to three bad plays from Bushrod where he let an elite DE go by untouched like he didn't know he was there. I think his vision needs checking.

It was a bad game for Bushrod, but he's been playing solid all year. Stinch on the other hand needs to be replace. Goody had a bad game as well.

The falcons brought the house last night, and the OL and (blocking) backs struggled badly picking up the blitz! We all know this was not the first time either. And when you take into account how quickly Drew gets rid of the ball, you really start to see our weakness. Atlanta had plenty of our game film and they knew they would be successful. That's why they did it. Drew got lucky on several occasions to slip by the mad rush, but the OL and backs have got to improve or we will not survive to the end. The two pics fall on the O'line as well. Even worse, how much longer can Drew withstand these onslaughts! No question, he handles it as good as anyone, except maybe for Vick, but eventually and regretably, he's bound to get nailed. It's definetly time our O'line and blocking backs step up!

Not sure if this is all on the OLine but some of it has to be. I also think the playcalling could have been a bit better on 3rd down. We tend to go for the big play on 3rd down and it kills the drives where as if we just get the first down we start wearing down that defense. Coach callsth is complimentary ball and we just aren't quite in the goove with that yet. A hurry up tempo/no huddle seems like it would have helped as well but I guess Coach has his reason for only using it sporadically. Whatever it takes though we have to be more running game going and less pressure on Drew. The defense needs more games like last night as well. We are close and I am confident this team with the heart of a champion can put it together.

I simply don't understand why the Saints didn't move to No huddle more often.

Almost everytime they did, they would start moving the ball very well, but often after 1 or 2 plays they'll move back to switching people in and out.

BULL. Bushrod and Stinchcomb have been terrible ALL YEAR and need to be replaced. Part of our guards problems are because Bushrod and Stinchcomb are so bad. Facts are facts.

I see it more as very poor coaching per the offensive calls of SP. No RB draws, few screens, few short TE routes and way too many zero back sets to slow the rush. And I also agree that we should have gone no huddle a ton and wore the dirty birds nasty arses out. Yes we had some poor line play but SP sure didn't help them out any. But I'll take this great "heart win" by our guys all day long!

I saw at least 1 OL blocking no one on virtually every play. It was the worst OL performance this season. Which is saying something because they were terrible vs. San Fran as well.

The best blockers on the night were PT and Bush.

I will to some extent disagree with this thread. A lot of those plays the Falcons sent numbers meaning more then we were protecting with. OR overloaded one side and forced 4 on 3 situations. Not saying they played great but they also did not play pathetic. Some would say that Bushrod had a bad game but those false starts were real close and were a timing thing off of Goodwins head twist thing and in a hostile inviroment it happens! The announcers even said that it was Bushrods fault on the screen that Abraham picked because he didnt hit abraham??? What Jon was lined up 5 yards outside expecting the screen that is on brees for not checking out or at least faking the pass to get him off of his feet and then making the throw. We won all that included you blitz brees you lose!!

You are right, and most of the rest of the posts on this thread are woefully wrong.

I don't know what all the criticism of Bushrod is about--he might be playing the most consistently of any of our lineman. The nonsense about Bushrod letting Abraham go is just that--nonsense. If that ball isn't tipped, it looks like Lance Moore scores a TD--the design of the play is to use the defenders aggression against them...and it was a great call.

A protection problem is not the same as a problem with the offensive line.

I don't know what all the criticism of Bushrod is about--he might be playing the most consistently of any of our lineman. The nonsense about Bushrod letting Abraham go is just that--nonsense. If that ball isn't tipped, it looks like Lance Moore scores a TD--the design of the play is to use the defenders aggression against them...and it was a great call.

A protection problem is not the same as a problem with the offensive line.

On a screen, isn't Bushrod supposed to at least make contact with the DE? I mean, they're designed to let the pressure come in but not THAT much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom