Panthers cut WR Terrace Marshall [Marshall released from 49ers practice squad 10/15] (18 Viewers)

Wisco Steve

WI 3/4 FL 1/4
Reaction score
NEWS: 24 yr old, Marshall was a second-round pick of the Panthers back in 2021. The former LSU product caught 19 passes for 139 scoreless yards last season and totaled 28-490-1 in 2022 — his most productive season to date. He’s been gradually phased out over the last two seasons and clearly wasn’t a fit for head coach Dave Canales’ new-look offense. Marshall will have plenty of suitors on the open market as he looks to restart his career elsewhere.

1724777456498.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Marshall's had an extremely underwhelming three year resume but one has to wonder how much of that is him or the comically dysfunctional Panther's franchise.

Yeah. The guy clearly has a lot of talent. Not sure if what went wrong in Carolina was about their offense or if he's just one of those guys that reached his ceiling in college.

Agree'd. I'd love to bring him in.

His Panthers teams have been HORRIBLE quarterback/coaching wise. A reset with "hometown" team may do him some good. If not, no harm done.

Man he would be a perfect fit and huge upgrade to our WR group. Great redzone target, big body opposite Olave with Sheed working the slot.

If he's the player he was at LSU he would be a huge upgrade, but he hasn't shown to be that guy in the NFL. I'm an LSU homer so I would like to think that it's just because Carolina didn't use him right, but I'm not really sure what went wrong there. But, I do think it would be worth it to sign him and see if he would play better in our system.

Marshall's had an extremely underwhelming three year resume but one has to wonder how much of that is him or the comically dysfunctional Panther's franchise.
Hard to blame him with their offensive disfunction. Like to see him somewhere competent. Would love to try him here. We are far from solid at receiver. Wilson and St. Brown are very average. Mag have something in AT Perry but only time will tell.

If he's the player he was at LSU he would be a huge upgrade, but he hasn't shown to be that guy in the NFL. I'm an LSU homer so I would like to think that it's just because Carolina didn't use him right, but I'm not really sure what went wrong there. But, I do think it would be worth it to sign him and see if he would play better in our system.
Just looked at his stats to prove you wrong but I couldn't.

I thought his numbers were better than that.

Just looked at his stats to prove you wrong but I couldn't.

I thought his numbers were better than that.

Fair enough. I think he's a talented guy but I guess you just never know who has it and who doesn't at this level. Hopefully he turns it around and if he does hopefully he does it in a Saints' uniform.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom