Passing on 3rd and 2 (1 Viewer)

SubmarineMike

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Twice during the Falcons game, we passed on 3rd and 2 (incomplete). With us running at will all over Atlanta, it did not make any sense to pass on these downs.

During both of these attempts, the game was already well in-hand. I am thinking that this was actually Payton using the pass to set up the run in future games by muddying the analytics. Similar to what Belichek did against us a couple of years ago, when he blitzed us on the goal line allowing an easy score. He just wanted analytics to show that in that particular situation, the Patriots would likely blitz.

Of course, it is also possible that we did it because we have the best QB in the world and should feel free to pass anytime and anywhere.

Who knows why CSP does anything.
He is playing chess.
Us fans can't even play checkers that Well.

Probably not the best decision, but the game was way out of hand already. They made a good defensive play. If it had worked, everyone would say "wow, great call". But it didn't. At that point and late in the game and up very big, it didn't matter.

Who knows why CSP does anything.
He is playing chess.
Us fans can't even play checkers that Well.
Lol, you are right about that. I am just trying to understand the game more.

If Payton decided to run Lutz up the middle for an entire game, I would just nod sagely and agree that he knows what he is doing.

I don’t mind the passing at times. I see where your coming from since the run game was dominate through out the game.

But I can’t stand it when we do a run play and it’s so obvious. 3rd and two they are expecting the run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom