NBA FA Pelicans Expected To Lose Naji Marshall In Free Agency, Per New Report (speculation) (10 Viewers)

Thunderchild

Saints & Pelicans!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just speculation, and Evan Sidery speculation at that, but at this point, imo, more than a grain of truth here. He is a true FA and can probably get quite a bit more elsewhere than here. I hate to lose him as he is the type of guy you want coming off your bench.

I'm also not sure that the luxury tax is going to be as big of an obstacle as in the past. Still, I don't think that a premium is going to be put on keeping our existing bench players except Trey. We'll have to see how that plays out.

With New Orleans attempting to work an extension with Brandon Ingram and Trey Murphy III eligible for a rookie extension, there won't be anything left in the cupboard to offer Marshall. The salary cap is projected to be $141 million next year, and the Pelicans have never paid a luxury tax bill. That probably leaves Marshall as an odd man out in New Orleans this summer. His new team will get a dedicated hard worker, a great teammate, and a fan favorite.

Last edited:
Naji is a good one, but I think we have the depth to give those minutes to Dyson, Hawkins and Murphy who all have much higher ceilings.

Considering how much this team relies on spark plugs like Jose and Naji to jump start our offense when things aren't going well, I hope they have a solid replacement.

I would imagine we actually extend Naji and move off Jose when he becomes a FA
So many damned moving parts this offseason.

If we move BI and CJ for the players that we have talked about, we would have the money to keep Naji. We had too many games where the first unit was lethargic and the second unit provided the energy for me to feel comfortable losing Jose or Naji

So many damned moving parts this offseason.

If we move BI and CJ for the players that we have talked about, we would have the money to keep Naji. We had too many games where the first unit was lethargic and the second unit provided the energy for me to feel comfortable losing Jose or Naji

West gonna to push hard to get better. We gotta make moves. I would try to move Jose if it gets a deal done.

Just speculation, and Evan Sidery speculation at that, but at this point, imo, more than a grain of truth here. He is a true FA and can probably get quite a bit more elsewhere than here. I hate to lose him as he is the type of guy you want coming off your bench.

I'm also not sure that the luxury tax is going to be as big of an obstacle as in the past. Still, I don't think that a premium is going to be put on keeping our existing bench players except Trey. We'll have to see how that plays out.

fWx327.gif

We all saw this coming and we still played him over guys that have YEARS left and needed playing time to develop. Insanely shortsighted and double standard when Naji got a lot of minutes to develop here.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom