Rumor Pelicans Interested In A Wendell Carter Jr Trade (1 Viewer)

Don't know how legit Cyro Asseo is, but saw this video and thought it was worth posting.

I would be a big fan of bringing him in. He has improved his game, and he is improving it in a way that the Pels would love him and use him. He is improving his 3pt shot, he is becoming a better help defender. You can probably get him cheaper than expected, and he is hitting the prime of his career.

Consider me a fan of his game.

I would be a big fan of bringing him in. He has improved his game, and he is improving it in a way that the Pels would love him and use him. He is improving his 3pt shot, he is becoming a better help defender. You can probably get him cheaper than expected, and he is hitting the prime of his career.

I'm all for it, but who/what are we going to trade to get him?

I believe he would be part of the Ingram deal (if the deal is expanded).
If that happens somebody is going to owe us, right?

I don't pretend to understand how NBA trading rules go... as it's confusing! Maybe I should actually do some homework. :hihi:

I'm not sure where we go right now... We have like 11 players right now and very little cap under the tax.... We also lost JV, Naji, DD, Larry, and EJ... So whatever we get for BI... we better get a starting 5... and at least 1 or 2 rotational bench guys in return. Wendell Carter Jr. may be a part of that equation.... but you'd need more just to fill in the roster.

I'm not sure where we go right now... We have like 11 players right now and very little cap under the tax.... We also lost JV, Naji, DD, Larry, and EJ... So whatever we get for BI... we better get a starting 5... and at least 1 or 2 rotational bench guys in return. Wendell Carter Jr. may be a part of that equation.... but you'd need more just to fill in the roster.
If you're Griff, would you say "fork it," and tell Dennis/Gayle/whoever "we need to bite the tax just once if you want us to win?"

If you're Griff, would you say "fork it," and tell Dennis/Gayle/whoever "we need to bite the tax just once if you want us to win?"
Well, I think he must have that permission already. In that video thread I posted here, Griff is very clear that they will not go over the *first apron* which is $7M over the initial tax limit. He wouldn't have said it that way if he wasn't expecting to exceed the initial limit.

Here is the link to that thread. The video is absolutely a worthy watch.

This was actually part of the discussion this morning. Pels insider (Cossell?) said we could hopefully resign BI under a friendly deal and use draft assets to acquire someone like Carter. Guess we will see. May be some truth to this though.
I think you're right, at least that is exactly what the Pels want to have happen - and BI wants to be here - so it is certainly possible. But if that "common ground" Griff referred to can't be reached, then we'll see a BI trade.

Non-tax teams have more to work with than just pure cap space. Pretty sure the Pelicans still have the full MLE. They could go after a bench big like Mo Wagner since the Magic declined his team option. He and Jose could tag team getting under opposing player's skin. I'd be happy with that.

Or get Brook Lopez to come off the bench. Would be happy with that as well.

Last edited:

I like him, but he is ALWAYS hurt. He plays about 50 games a year on average.

I have faith in finding a diamond in the 2-way rough, similar to what he have always seemed to find (Naji, EJ, Kenrich Williams, that one guy who died). We find a way to find players.
I like him, but he is ALWAYS hurt. He plays about 50 games a year on average.
He would fit right in with Zion in that case. Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom