PFT: Saints sign Johnathan Abram to 53-man roster (1 Viewer)

The move today to sign Jonathan Abram to the 53 Man Active Roster not only gives the Saints more depth at the Safety position, especially with Maye nursing a sore shoulder, but it also gives the Saints more depth on Special Teams.

The Saints also signed CB Shemar Jean-Charles today to the Practice Squad. Charles was a 5th Round Pick out of Appalachian State in 2021 by the Packers. He has played in 25 games for the Packers in 2021-2022 and the 49ers in 2023.

The Saints recently signed CB Cameron Dantzler, Sr. to the 53 Man Active Roster after adding him earlier this year to the Practice Squad.

The Defensive Backfield is considered to be the Saints Best and Deepest Position Group. With Lattimore now on IR and Maye also being injured it appears that the Saints are shoring up this position group.

As of today the Saints Defensive Backfield Group consists of the following players:

1. Marshon Lattimore, CB (IR)
2. Paulson Adebo, CB
3. Alonte Taylore, CB
4. Isaac Yiadom, CB
4. Lonnie Johnson, Jr., CB
5. Cameron Dantzler, Sr., CB
6. Faion Hicks, CB (Practice Squad)
7. Shemar Jean-Charles, CB (Practice Squad)

1. Marcus Maye, S (Sore Shoulder)
2. Tyrann Mathieu, S
3. Jordan Howden, S
4. Ugo Amadi, S
5. J.T. Gray, S
6. Jonathan Abram, S
7. Daniel Sorensen, S (Practice Squad)

Last edited:
Great, now Abram can hurt one of our other starting CBs when he comes in for that monster hit, whiffs and tags his own team mate!

I’m still scratching my head about letting JPP get away!

:rant:

:gosaints:
I don't think many people understand that there was no "letting him get away." He was on our practice squad. He was free to sign with any team that offered him a spot on the 53. He chose Miami over us.

I think people have this idea that we can just bump someone up from our PS to our 53 and that they have to go along with it. That's not how it works.

The move today to sign Jonathan Abram to the 53 Man Active Roster not only gives the Saints more depth at the Safety position, especially with Maye nursing a sore shoulder, but it also gives the Saints more depth on Special Teams.

The Saints also signed CB Shemar Jean-Charles today to the Practice Squad. Charles was a 5th Round Pick out of Appalachian State in 2021 by the Packers. He has played in 25 games for the Packers in 2021-2022 and the 49ers in 2023.

The Saints recently signed CB Cameron Dantzler, Sr. to the 53 Man Active Roster after adding him earlier this year to the Practice Squad.

The Defensive Backfield is considered to be the Saints Best and Deepest Position Group. With Lattimore now on IR and Maye also being injured it appears that the Saints are shoring up this position group.

As of today the Saints Defensive Backfield Group consists of the following players:

1. Marshon Lattimore, CB (IR)
2. Paulson Adebo, CB
3. Alonte Taylore, CB
4. Isaac Yiadom, CB
4. Lonnie Johnson, Jr., CB
5. Cameron Dantzler, Sr., CB
6. Faion Hicks, CB (Practice Squad)
7. Shemar Jean-Charles, CB (Practice Squad)

1. Marcus Maye, S (Sore Shoulder)
2. Tyrann Mathieu, S
3. Jordan Howden, S
4. Ugo Amadi, S
5. J.T. Gray, S
6. Jonathan Abram, S
7. Daniel Sorensen, S (Practice Squad)
Why isn’t Jordan Howden playing more? He played really well earlier in the season. Better then Myes in my opinion.

Why isn’t Jordan Howden playing more? He played really well earlier in the season. Better then Myes in my opinion.
Don't know if he's better than Maye, but I don't think he's fighting for Maye's spot. Howden and Tyrann are the guys playing the deep third role. Think we switch Tyrann to Maye's role and use Howden as the deep guy. This is probably why we haven't seen him much since Maye came back. Tyrann plays close to 100% of the snaps on defense so he never comes off the field for Howden to get in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom