Previewing Carr's Second Season in New Orleans (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
In my latest read, I preview Derek Carr's upcoming second season with the franchise and the expectations to succeed in a new offense. Enjoy!!

Carr played well last season. He was above average in many categories while playing in a bad system and behind a subpar oline. He will be transitioning again into a new system hopefully he can thrive however I think it will take a some time to get comfortable and firing on all cylinders. In addition he still has no reliable tightend an average to below average oline and the same can be said of the wide receivers. A lot will depend on the OC getting everyone to gel.

The last few games of the season SOMETHING clicked with the team in general and they seemed to perform better. I hope we are healthy and stay consistent. I think we have a team that can be a problem for our opponents or a problem for us as fans. I don't think we will know right away which it will be, one because once again, it'll be a new system, and two because it's the Saints and they like giving us myocardial infarctions on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Why do people not discuss the injuries he had to deal with? He was killed behind a leaky OL and it’s been well discussed what it meant physically. He didn’t suddenly get better, he started getting well.
That ain't how it works Naitch...you think people get passes for getting hurt behind a leaking OL? That's not what we do here...lol 👀

Seriously, I have no expectations. 2nd year in a new offense for a QB who has historically been slow at picking up new offenses. I am just taking the season as it comes, enjoying the ride.

Clean slate in year 2. If the O line isnt massively Improved then not much else will matter, IMO. I was really hard on Carr last year. He played poorly for most of the season and was a total jerk in interviews. I find him pretty unlikeable. But the offense had a lot of problems last year that were not his fault. At least now we have a competent coordinator and play caller.

Clean slate in year 2. If the O line isnt massively Improved then not much else will matter, IMO. I was really hard on Carr last year. He played poorly for most of the season and was a total jerk in interviews. I find him pretty unlikeable. But the offense had a lot of problems last year that were not his fault. At least now we have a competent coordinator and play caller.
Agreed. I wasn't hard on Carr last season for the simple fact that coaching and playcalling were the primary issues that we had going into 2023 and a change a QB wasn't going to fix it, especially one that didn't match the skill profile for the offense (SMH@DA and the "bring in his guy" talk). That's why one thing I always say is I hope Kubiak figures things out early for Carr and that he actually lives up to the hype instead of riding the name.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom