PrimeTime Saints? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm torn by the prospect that the Saints will inevitably get more primetime games next year. Especially considering some of the stinkers thrown at us this season. The CheesePackers, and Rutterless RaiderNation games are better at inducing drowsiness than over the counter sleep-aids. The nadir may have been the last Monday Night game of the season. Maybe three of the worse quarters of football played all season.
And on the other hand you have the Saints with two of the most of exciting games in primetime this year. After mostly picking the Falclowns before the Monday night reopening of the Dome, the talking heads chalked it up to the emotion of the night. Then by the week of our second night game, the Ron Mexico bandwagon riders had declared Romo Casanova a Hall of Famer. If you watched ESPN or NFLN or any other sportscast the week before our game against the Cowgirls, you probably know more about Romo than some of your siblings. Well, we know how that turned for Tony Romeo. The thing that will make this team so enticing for primetime is that it's fun to watch; even if you're not a fan of the Saints.
The problem is that noon on Sunday seems like a long time to wait to see this team take the field. You stretch that out to Sunday or Monday night and it feels like an eternity til kickoff. Couple that with Madden talking over the game as Reggie breaks a big run. Or that awful Monday crew and the annoying guests during the game. But it is fun to hear the announcers pumping up our opponent as we dismantle them on the field.

when the saints play night games, it really hurts my work performance the next day. it's been a relief to have all the stinkers during primetime so i could get some sleep.

All in favor of a 8:00 pm saturday night playoff game?

:aduncan: :beerchug: :rock: :clapbig: :bandg:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom