Prince (16 Viewers)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
I just watched a video of Tom Petty, Steve Winwood and Prince playing “While my guitar gently weeps .”

If Prince had gone into real music instead of the stuff he played he would’ve really been great. The guy could play.

I wish he had done more rock and roll music and I would actually have listened to him. I didn’t know he could play like that. He was no Steven Vai, but he was really good.

Learn something new every day

I just watched a video of Tom Petty, Steve Winwood and Prince playing “While my guitar gently weeps .”

If Prince had gone into real music instead of the stuff he played he would’ve really been great. The guy could play.

I wish he had done more rock and roll music and I would actually have listened to him. I didn’t know he could play like that. He was no Steven Vai, but he was really good.

Go back to sleep. This might be your worse take ever. Really good? Prince was amazing. That you don't appreciate the genius that is Prince says a lot more about you than him.

“It’s a shame prince didn’t make real music - he could have been somebody” is not the take I expected to start my weekend with.

Boy sit yo arse down - prince is an absolute legend. If this isn’t real music, what is it?

This is simply because you weren’t paying attention. There’s brilliant guitar work throughout Prince’s music.

The Purple Rain solo live was ridiculous. This video is from 1985:

Billy Gibbons on Prince the guitar player:

I'm not a huge fan of Prince's music, it's just not my thing....BUT, he was uber talented, he did everything, wrote, played and sang (and wrote tons of hits for other folks).....I totally recognize his genius.....he was one of a kind.....

BUT, the ridiculous notion that he was some all time great guitar player "as good as Hendrix" is a bit much.....Hendrix changed how folks played there is absolutely no comparison.....

I'm not a huge fan of Prince's music, it's just not my thing....BUT, he was uber talented, he did everything, wrote, played and sang (and wrote tons of hits for other folks).....I totally recognize his genius.....he was one of a kind.....
Was tangentially discussing this with my son - he’s got a lot of Childish Gambino on his playlist and I mused about Donald Glover being one of the most multifaceted artists I can think of
Musically it’s Prince (who unfortunately couldn’t act his way out of a raspberry beret) even more prolific than Stevie Wonder or Paul Simon (yeah, I said it)

BUT, the ridiculous notion that he was some all time great guitar player "as good as Hendrix" is a bit much.....Hendrix changed how folks played there is absolutely no comparison.....
That’s like saying Drew Brees could never measure up to Joe Montana bc Joe redefined the position
Drew can’t go back to a pre Montana era so why would that be a marker?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom