pro bowl idea (1 Viewer)

Vega$$aint

Resident GoldenTee Junkie
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Since the players that are on the super bowl teams can't play in the game, but have to travel for all the pregame stuff, let's not vote for them in the probowl. That way none of the saints players have to travel and the whole team can travel together.

eric

Um... No.

I vote for all the Saints on a regular basis. I don't even bother with the AFC side.

I'm gonna go vote again right now.

Outside the box. Promotes a team first approach and also serves as a chip on the shoulder.

So you don't think they should get recognition for their accomplishments even if they deserve it? It's bad enough Colston doesn't get talked about as it is, despite putting up top 3 receiving numbers each year throughout his entire career. I'd hate to see him not get in because of a silly reason like people not voting so all their players can travel together. It's not like all 22 starters would be voted in. The guys travel together all season long so what's wrong with 3 or 4 guys breaking away from that for just a week for something that's actually worth doing so? Brees, Colston, Heath Evans, and Harper have all played their butts off this year so I think they'd deserve to not fly with the team to Dallas if it means they can get some chill time in Hawai'i in the event of getting recognition for playing like the best players at their positions.

guys, it wasn't a serious post. I was just remembering coach payton complaining last year and thought it was funny.

eric

guys, it wasn't a serious post. I was just remembering coach payton complaining last year and thought it was funny.

eric

I'm sure he was complaining about the Pro Bowl being unusually played before the Super Bowl, which would lead to what you stated. It was a bad idea for the league to do that in the first place and will more than likely change it back if more coaches or players reiterate what SP said. They probably felt no one pays attention to the Pro Bowl since it's an afterthought once the SB is played so they moved it up a week for more ratings. If that's going to really continue happening that way, then the best case scenario IMO would be to make the SB two weeks after the Pro Bowl so we wouldn't have to worry about players not traveling with the team and teams would have more time to gameplan and get ready.

I remember the day when the Pro Bowl was that "one last chance" to see our Saints play. If it was only one player who made it, I was pumped. Of course I'd watch the game, with all the different rules, can't do this, can't blitz, blah blah blah... majority of the time the game would SUCK!! Today I don't wanna watch it, for reasons like Colston not getting in when he clearly deserves to be. It's a popularity contest, nothing more nothing less.

Sorry about the rant. I just woke up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom