Project Hail Mary Movie (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hail Mary was great and I think, with a little tweaking, would make another great movie.
I assume we’re talking about project Hail Mary by Andy weir

I was thinking more of a TV show but yes love that book

Any thoughts on who could be cast as Ryland?
John Krasinski.

EXCLUSIVE: Amazon MGM Studios has begun the countdown for Project Hail Mary, its Ryan Gosling-starring, Phil Lord- and Christopher Miller-directed space adventure, which has been given a March 20, 2026 release date. No other wide entries are on that weekend.

Producers are Amy Pascal, Gosling, Lord, Miller, Aditya Sood, Rachel O’Connor and Andy Weir.

The movie, filmed for Imax, is based on Weir’s (The Martian) novel and set in the near future. Gosling plays Ryland Grace, a schoolteacher-turned-astronaut who wakes up from a coma, alone, on a space station with no memory of who he is or his mission. His memory returns in bursts and he pieces together that he was sent to the Tau Ceti solar system, 12 light-years from Earth, to reverse the impact of a space event that had already hurled our planet into the early stages of an Ice Age.

As details of the mission unravel, he must call on all of his scientific training and sheer ingenuity, but he might not have to do it alone…

I loved the book. Not quite as much as the Martian though. if Martian is A+ then Hail Mary is a solid A

I'd put the Martian movie on my Mt. Rushmore of best book to movie adaptations so even though I never would have guessed Ryan Reynolds in the lead I'll go with it

Can't wait to see the first trailer

I'm still of the opinion it would work better as a TV series than a movie though

I’d pictured Grace as a zach galifianakis type - but this should be fine
I assume they having to work around Gosling’s schedule bc this really shouldn’t take that long to shoot (unless they’re really trying to build out the flashbacks)
And I REALLY hope Rocky is a practical effect

I’d pictured Grace as a zach galifianakis type - but this should be fine
I assume they having to work around Gosling’s schedule bc this really shouldn’t take that long to shoot (unless they’re really trying to build out the flashbacks)
And I REALLY hope Rocky is a practical effect
I don't know who I would think of but I would lean more Zach than Ryan Gosling for sure

As @Sailorsaint mentioned I can see John Krasinski more than Gosling

Alf + Xfiles + The Fugitive - who says ‘no’?!?

There was a weird Alf TV movie that aired years after the show was cancelled that was basically this. He was on the run from the feds who had a guy in charge of an alien task force that wanted to kill and dissect him.

After watching it, I am inclined to possible say no to this premise.

There was a weird Alf TV movie that aired years after the show was cancelled that was basically this. He was on the run from the feds who had a guy in charge of an alien task force that wanted to kill and dissect him.

Project: Alf

Tanners not in it at all, just mentioned once in a throwaway line that they were in witness protection

We can hope that Robald D Moore saw that and will make it his life’s mission to fix it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom