PTI Dudes Give Their Takes on the Saints (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
First time I've watched this show in three seasons. Now, I remember why I turned it off.

Kornheiser said Minnesota is the most impressive NFC 2-0 because Sam Darnold wasn't a starter last year, which is at least an argument I guess. But then Wilbon completely discounted the Saints beating the Cowboys, saying the Packers had already given the blueprint and essentially did the "but it was only the Cowboys" meme we heard about the Panthers in Week 1.

Funny how every team we destroy is suddenly not any good.

Lesson learned. Stay off ESPN.

First time I've watched this show in three seasons. Now, I remember why I turned it off.

Kornheiser said Minnesota is the most impressive NFC 2-0 because Sam Darnold wasn't a starter last year, which is at least an argument I guess. But then Wilbon completely discounted the Saints beating the Cowboys, saying the Packers had already given the blueprint and essentially did the "but it was only the Cowboys" meme we heard about the Panthers in Week 1.

While the Panthers are the worst team in the NFL, yesterday was a masterclass in whoopin tail. Wilbon won't be able to use that because look at how high the Cowboys were being rated after killing the Browns. We are playing good ball on all 3 facets and I dig......I dig.

While the Panthers are the worst team in the NFL, yesterday was a masterclass in whoopin tail. Wilbon won't be able to use that because look at how high the Cowboys were being rated after killing the Browns. We are playing good ball on all 3 facets and I dig......I dig.

The Saints aren't good. They beat the 31st ranked team in the league week one, and the 32nd ranked team in the league week two. When they beat the Eagles next week, they'll have beaten the 33rd ranked team in the league.

I remember The Onion mocking all the sports media outlets after the Saints won the Super Bowl for constantly dumping on the Saints in 2009 despite how good they were. The headline was something like "We just don't know how good the Saints really are until they play a real team, like the Saints." or something like that.

The thing is, we did the exact same thing to both of our previous opponents.

The casual viewer would have had no idea which one of the teams we played was supposed to be good.

I remember in 09, the pundits didn't believe in the Saints because our offense was putting up video game-like numbers and they wanted to see how the Saints responded when they were down and in adversity but ignoring completely the fact that the reason the Saints hadn't faced adversity was because they were too good of a team. Meanwhile, 13-3 and a Super Bowl victory later against the incredible Colts, they were still doubting us. Lol

The Saints aren't good. They beat the 31st ranked team in the league week one, and the 32nd ranked team in the league week two. When they beat the Eagles next week, they'll have beaten the 33rd ranked team in the league.

I remember The Onion mocking all the sports media outlets after the Saints won the Super Bowl for constantly dumping on the Saints in 2009 despite how good they were. The headline was something like "We just don't know how good the Saints really are until they play a real team, like the Saints." or something like that.

New Orleans Moves To No. 3 In NFL Power Rankings

MIAMI—On the heels of their 31-17 win over the Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLIV, the New Orleans Saints rose to the third spot in the most recent NFL team power rankings. “With Drew Brees running the offense, this team has what it takes to be among of the best,” ESPN.com reporter John Clayton wrote in his entry on the World Champion Saints. “I’m still not convinced their defense can take them all the way to the top, though."

I remember in 09, the pundits didn't believe in the Saints because our offense was putting up video game-like numbers...

I remember before the Saints played the Jets they said something along the lines "The Jets is the team that'll test them"... so we beat them. Then they said something like "The Giants are the real test"... and we beat them so yeah. Dejavu would be nice!

I remember in 2006, when we started 2-0 in advance of the Dome Opener all the talk was how nice of a story the Saints were, but the Falcons were the real deal. PTI especially was big on this narrative. When pushed Wilbon said he was simply not impressed with the Saints first two games.

Well I went to that historically amazing game on September 25th, 2006 (days after my 21st birthday, so I was full of the liquid courage)... and as we poured out of the stadium after the dominating win, standing at a cross walk waiting to head to Bourbon St, I looked up and who was standing beside me waiting for the light to turn? None other than Michael Wilbon.

I said something to the effect of "You impressed now?!?!" To which he grinned a grin that clearly said "Jesus get me to safety dear lord" and nodded in approval.

I felt proud, mostly because I was too young and excited (and plenty inebriated) to realize that was probably not a great interaction with someone I watch on TV.

I remember in 09, the pundits didn't believe in the Saints because our offense was putting up video game-like numbers and they wanted to see how the Saints responded when they were down and in adversity but ignoring completely the fact that the reason the Saints hadn't faced adversity was because they were too good of a team. Meanwhile, 13-3 and a Super Bowl victory later against the incredible Colts, they were still doubting us. Lol

Whoa!

Today I learned that show is still on the air.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom