RB Kendre Miller to return from IR in Week 5 and start practicing on Wednesday (October 2) (17 Viewers)

Good news. I hope he can stay healthy. He showed a little something at the end of last season and the Saints absolutely cannot run Kamara 25+ times a game like they did last week against the Eagles. That is coaching malpractice! AK is a scalpel not a sledge hammer. Target 10-15 carries and 5-10 receptions a game. Want him around all season. Even if Miller can't go you have to start using the other backs. We are paying Williams $4 million a year to stand around. Rotate him in there for those tough short yardage and goal line runs. Stop beating Alvin up!

This is good news. I hope he learns the system quickly because he's the only guy we have a RB that is even close to AK's talent level. We are really going to need him to lighted the load on AK.

This is good news. I hope he learns the system quickly because he's the only guy we have a RB that is even close to AK's talent level. We are really going to need him to lighted the load on AK.
Luckily for him, this system is very running back friendly. Stretch stretch, cutback, probably to the left side behind Fuaga. One of the reasons why Philly did so well against the running game is they actually didn't allow many opportunities for the cutback so it was up to Kamara to try and get to the corners of their defense.

Luckily for him, this system is very running back friendly. Stretch stretch, cutback, probably to the left side behind Fuaga. One of the reasons why Philly did so well against the running game is they actually didn't allow many opportunities for the cutback so it was up to Kamara to try and get to the corners of their defense.

No doubt that the running game is pretty standard. I'm more concerned about him being able to handle the pass blocking and pass catching responsibilities. If he can't pick up the pass blocking, then you can't put him on the field much because teams will know you are going to run.

I am not writing him off, whatsoever. He is quite talented. He just has not had very good health luck. DA needs to get over the 'tough love' stuff w/ him. Jamaal looks absolutely cooked and we are in the process of running AK into the dirt. We need a legit back and he's about out only hope--so long as he's recovered and learned the playbook. Theoretically he's an awesome fit for this zone scheme. Time to get behind the young player.

We really need Kendre to step up and bring that energy he had when he said he would unseat Kamara as the starter. Having two quality backs is better than one.

And Kamara is playing through injuries.

Time is now, Kendre!

We really need Kendre to step up and bring that energy he had when he said he would unseat Kamara as the starter. Having two quality backs is better than one.

And Kamara is playing through injuries.

Time is now, Kendre!
He really needs to sack up and stay on the field.

All the chest pounding doesn't mean squat in the training room.

No doubt that the running game is pretty standard. I'm more concerned about him being able to handle the pass blocking and pass catching responsibilities. If he can't pick up the pass blocking, then you can't put him on the field much because teams will know you are going to run.
Not too worried about it. I’d just keep him out of those situations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom