Rearranging the draft-rated players we pulled in (1 Viewer)

TheRamboTX

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I thought I'd share something that I sat down to look at because it offers a different way to view our draft. Below is a list of the players that we obtained in the draft and as UDFAs who were rated as draft-worthy players. I used Mike Detillier's guide because I had it handy and because he does a great job and I get his guide each year. I listed the players in the order that they would have been picked using just his guide and ignoring whether we actually had enough picks to get everyone, to illustrate who all we were able to get:

1st round rating:
DE Marcus Davenport

3rd round rating:
OC Will Clapp
WR Tre'Quan Smith

5th (or late 4th) round rating:
FS Natrell Jamerson
TE Cam Serigne
QB Brandon Silvers
OG Maea Teuhema
QB J.T. Barrett

6th or 7th round rating:
HB D'Ernest Johnson
LS Drew Scott
CB Shaq Wiggins
DT Taylor Stallworth
CB Kamrin Moore
LB Bo Bower
FB Ryan Yurachek
OT Rick Leonard
OT Jeromy Irwin
LB KeShun Freeman
OG Cory Helms
DT Henry Mondeaux
TE Deon Yelder
OT Trevor Darling
OT Jordan Rose
TE Tommy Myers
TE Nate Wozniak
WR Eldridge Massington
WR Keith Kirkwood

So, it looks like we were able to get a good haul of players given the limited picks we had.

Note that I'm sure I missed some players in the above and I didn't find Boston Scott in the guide, so I know he's missing.

Now, using this data, query what overall draft grade we would have received from the media if our draft had looked like the following:

Pick #14: DE Marcus Davenport

Pick #91: OC Will Clapp

Pick #127: WR Tre'Quan Smith

Pick #164: FS Natrell Jamerson

Pick #189: TE Cam Serigne or Deon Yelder

Pick #201: QB Brandon Silvers or J.T. Barrett or OG Maea Teuhema

and then we picked up these (as well as others) as UDFAs:

HB D'Ernest Johnson
LS Drew Scott
CB Shaq Wiggins
DT Taylor Stallworth
CB Kamrin Moore
LB Bo Bower
FB Ryan Yurachek
OT Rick Leonard
OT Jeromy Irwin
LB KeShun Freeman
OG Cory Helms
DT Henry Mondeaux
OT Trevor Darling
OT Jordan Rose
TE Tommy Myers
TE Nate Wozniak
WR Eldridge Massington
WR Keith Kirkwood
HB Boston Scott

EDIT: I added several others as they showed up in reports.

Last edited:
I was actually wondering about the ranking of all the players just like this and what it would come out to. I slacked on actually getting a guide this year and then it was draft day.

Thanks for putting this together like this. It does put things into a different perspective even though I think we did pretty well considering we only had two picks in the first three rounds.

It's amazing how the pre-draft rankings can differ so much from where players actually get drafted.

Thanks for putting this together.

I wonder why Scott was omitted from Mike D's guide? An oversight?

I was pretty high on us drafting Teuhema in the later rounds. He was LSU's best olineman before being booted off the roster and thought he would be a good sleeper pick. Glad we picked him up as an udfa. If only we hadn't drafted the wrong FSU player in the 4th (Sweat).

I get that lots of people feel the need to second guess when certain players were drafted.
But is it really important?
I guess I don't understand why they have to second guess Ireland and crew. They have so much more information than we have and are professionals at their job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom